We are Excellence.
We are Miami Children’s Hospital.
The pursuit of excellence is in the everyday and the extraordinary at Miami Children’s Hospital, South Florida’s only licensed specialty hospital exclusively for children and Florida’s only freestanding, pediatric trauma center. From researching cures, to simply improving processes and never fearing the path less traveled, we remain focused on innovation and superior care. It is in everything we do. It is an attitude. A boldness that comes with knowing you are doing what is right for the patient, their family, our staff and our community.
We are currently seeking a LifeFlight Operations Manager to take charge of the day-to-day operations of the department. Also, to oversee and direct business activities, to ensure quality services for both internal and external customers. And to coordinate and maintain department efficiency by rendering customer service, assisting clinical employees with management functions and by protecting the integrity of the patient revenues generated within the department.
Your administrative responsibilities will include but not limited to the following:
- Complete all performance appraisals
- Manage budgets effectively and justify any variances
- Supervise the LifeFlight Paramedics and EMTs. And you will oversees the day-to-day operations of the department including patient transfers, customer service, and the coordination of needs between the hospital and other departments
- Evaluates practice operations to improve methods and make them time and cost efficient
- Ensures CAMTS, State EMS, and Joint Commission standards are met
- Identify and recommend supply, inventory, and capital cost saving and savings. Review service contracts and maintains records for inventory and financial reports
- Evaluate operations to improve methods and make them more time and cost efficient
- Provide training, coaching, counseling and mediation as necessary to ensure that department staff works effectively and efficiently
- Resolve patient complaints and related issues. Serves as liaison between patients, physicians and departments
Bachelor’s Degree in Healthcare, Business Administration or related. A minimum of 2 years of supervisory experience in a hospital or another medical setting. CPR: Healthcare Provider certification. Florida State nursing licensure. A nursing degree from and accredited school of nursing.
We offer a competitive compensation package including outstanding benefits commensurate with the position.
Be a part of something great. Join our pursuit of excellence.
Apply Online to Job Number 3085
EEO – DFWP • Tobacco Free Facility