• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Priller

Priller

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 January 2008 - 05:37 AM

I will be having an interview for a flight nurse slot (O-1E) very soon with the commander of an aeromedical evac unit and I was wondering what I should expect and any advice you guys/gals might have to have a great/successful interview?

I have 10 years total Air Force time (enlisted), but I am currently a civilian. I'm a new grad (BSN) and a new ICU nurse at my civilian job.

Thanks for any tips, etc!

#2 SickPuppy

SickPuppy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 12:18 AM

Here are my top things I'd look for if I was interviewing you.

1- Teamwork. This is the most important thing in AE.

2- Resource utilization. Having lots of clinical knowledge and experience is fine, but you won't get to use it much. Insted, knowing which resources to go to will help you more (there is hardly any independent thinking in AE).

3- Willingness to deploy. I think this one is self explanatory.

Being able to impress them with those 3 will take you far.
Good Luck
"Education is only the further realization of your own ignorance." Albert Einstein

GO GATORS!!!

#3 OKANG FN

OKANG FN

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 03:22 PM

I will be having an interview for a flight nurse slot (O-1E) very soon with the commander of an aeromedical evac unit and I was wondering what I should expect and any advice you guys/gals might have to have a great/successful interview?

I have 10 years total Air Force time (enlisted), but I am currently a civilian. I'm a new grad (BSN) and a new ICU nurse at my civilian job.

Nothing to add to Sick's comments except good luck, hope it goes well.

#4 Priller

Priller

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 07:39 PM

Interview is over and I got the job :D Pending flight physical, etc. Now to wait 6-7 months for everyone and their brother to sign off on the package.

Thanks guys!

#5 Mike Mims

Mike Mims

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 1668 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 08:17 PM

Interview is over and I got the job :D Pending flight physical, etc. Now to wait 6-7 months for everyone and their brother to sign off on the package.

Thanks guys!

That was fast. Congrats!!!!!!!

Mike Mims

Aircare

University of Mississippi Medical Center

#6 SickPuppy

SickPuppy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 26 January 2008 - 01:27 AM

Thanks guys!

Congrats!!!
"Education is only the further realization of your own ignorance." Albert Einstein

GO GATORS!!!

#7 FrequentFlyer01

FrequentFlyer01

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 03:54 PM

Congrats on getting accepted. What unit are you getting on with?