Photo
- - - - -

Simple Question... What The Hell Happened To This Site?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 timdhawk

timdhawk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 19 November 2017 - 04:51 PM

Why did the activity die off compared to 2-4 yrs ago? All these posts in the general section with thousands and thousands of VIEWS and maybe 1-2 answers at best... if that?

This site was very instrumental to my introduction to this industry and was (and has been) a go to when ever I had a question... now, I'm not sure why its even still an active site. And that gives me sad panda face...

Is it an us vs. them mentality where no one wants to talk about anything because everyone reading is a potential competitor? Have we all just said everything that needs to be said? Was it to much bravado and the "my IV catheter is bigger than your IV catheter" mentality (if ya know what i mean)?

Either way, its sad this site is so inactive anymore. 

#2 micrograms

micrograms

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 December 2017 - 05:07 PM

I feel the same way. I was on this site for a long time before I had a transport job, and now that I’ve been in transport for a few years and would love to bounce things off other people re: quality/safety/equipment/best practice, it’s empty. :/

I was around during the IV catheter-swinging days, just reading & staying quiet since I wasn’t in the game yet, but was astonished by the amount of IV catheter-measuring that went on around here.

Is there any way to revive the site? Or go elsewhere, if this one is too overrun by bots (looking at the ‘recent status updates’ I’m cognizant of their presence here and around)?

I’d love to have a reasonable place where we can talk all things transport without the constant measuring ....and then silence.

#3 timdhawk

timdhawk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 06:11 PM

I feel the same way. I was on this site for a long time before I had a transport job, and now that I’ve been in transport for a few years and would love to bounce things off other people re: quality/safety/equipment/best practice, it’s empty. :/

I was around during the IV catheter-swinging days, just reading & staying quiet since I wasn’t in the game yet, but was astonished by the amount of IV catheter-measuring that went on around here.

Is there any way to revive the site? Or go elsewhere, if this one is too overrun by bots (looking at the ‘recent status updates’ I’m cognizant of their presence here and around)?

I’d love to have a reasonable place where we can talk all things transport without the constant measuring ....and then silence.

Thank you for speaking up !!! I'm glad its not just me...  I too would love to see a revised website like the old flightweb w/o all the ... comparisons.