• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jwCCRN

jwCCRN

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 09 June 2016 - 12:01 AM

I have an interview and testing coming up soon for a rotor wing program. As far as the testing and skill portion what would be the key things to know inside and out? Im assuming the following...please add or remove! Thanks!

ABGs

Megacode

Vent Settings

RSI

12 Lead Interpretation

How much do they expect us to know IABP's, fetal monitoring, ect if we have not worked in those specialty areas?

#2 mg/kg

mg/kg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 15 August 2016 - 03:05 PM

Being that it is now the middle of August you probably had your interview already. Hopefully it went well. However, to answer your question (and hopefully help others) I would focus on the following areas:

Mega codes: ACLS, PALS, and NRP

RSI with a plan for post intubation sedation and vent management

12 lead interpretation

In your post you mentioned IABPs, fetal monitoring, and ABGs. If you have previous experience and knowledge of these topics, great. If not, don't try and BS it during the interview. I would rather have someone tell me that they do not know but are eager to learn rather than have someone study the night before to seem minimally competent.

Also, don't forget about all the typical "HR" questions that people often forget about:

Why should we hire you?

What makes you an ideal candidate?

Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

People often focus so much on the medical side of the interview that they forget this part. I don't recall who said it, but you hire for attitude and you train for attitude. It is just as important to be a good fit for the program as it is to have the skills and experience going in.

I hope this helps anyone who is willing to read it/listen. And again I hope your interview went well and you got the job.

Mike

#3 Chase

Chase

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 August 2016 - 05:03 PM

To add to your list my test included multiple Swan questions, parkland burn formula, and TBI/Neuro questions.

Chase

Chase N. EMT-B, BSN Student