• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jwCCRN

jwCCRN

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 31 December 2015 - 04:32 PM

I just interviewed for my first flight job. Im not sure if we are allowed to say which one on here or not. It is a fixed wing program in Ft. Lauderdale. Can anyone speak to their reputation,pay, schedule etc? Im hopeful that I will get an offer but also realistic. I just want to be prepared and know as much as possible either way.

Thanks!

-J

#2 onearmwonder

onearmwonder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 571 posts

Posted 31 December 2015 - 06:54 PM

Good for you! But curious, you interviewed for a job that you didn't know basic and important information about? Did you not ask this in the interview? Is this a troll?

#3 jwCCRN

jwCCRN

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 31 December 2015 - 07:00 PM

Good for you! But curious, you interviewed for a job that you didn't know basic and important information about? Did you not ask this in the interview? Is this a troll?

Im not sure what a troll is...I did ask. I was told the same figure that is on the job ad. Yet others say that OT is easy to pick up etc. Im trying to figure out what to expect. Not just the numbers they say. Pay is the least important aspect for me. I just want to know more about the reputation etc. Would it make sense to ask about their reputation in an interview? I dont think so.

#4 Medic09

Medic09

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 10 January 2016 - 06:19 PM

My response is same as onearm.  Especially if you've been reading this site.

For future reference (I understand you took the job):  I wouldn't apply for a job until I had asked around among experienced colleagues.  At the interview you need to ask questions about operations and safety.  How proud are they of their approach?  Do they give an open, detailed answer that really attempts to satisfy you?

It also good to ask about medical direction, equipment, training and education.

Mordechai Y. Scher
NRP, FP-C, RN

It's all about kind, competent patient care; and getting home safely to tell about it.