• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jwCCRN

jwCCRN

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 20 December 2015 - 02:28 AM

Many of my friends are current flight nurses/medics. Thats all I have wanted to do since the age of 15. My resume is not that impressive. 8 years of EMS (EMT-Advanced) and 2 years ICU/ED RN at UVA and another high volume/high acuity center. Only have ACLS, AMLS, TNCC, and PALS. When I ask them they say the minimum is 3 years experience but they always end that with, "for CAMTS accredited programs." I know this is all a safety thing apparently. But what about programs that aren't accredited that may take me earlier to get my foot in the door and then move on to a better company? If you say no, what else would make me look better? I am starting the RN-Paramedic program in January. Willing to relocate anywhere if the opportunity arose. Thanks in advance for your knowledge. 

#2 CEPTyler

CEPTyler

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 December 2015 - 11:22 PM

I totally understand the desire to want to get into this career, but getting in to a cut rate agency isn't going to do you any favors. Why would you want to work for someone who has less safety and clinical standards? Wait the year, get your medic cert. You'll be a much better flight nurse for doing so.