• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 laflightrn

laflightrn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 01:41 AM

Our program just went to an EC 135 from a BK 117.  We are trying to get used to the differences of course but one of the biggest issues we are having is loading patients using good body mechanics without crawling in on our knees.  Is anyone out there using the skid extensions?    I'm pretty sure we have the low profile skids.  Wondering  for those who fly in a 135 do you have the medium profile skids, extensions or low profile and any suggestions.  :)

Thanks!

#2 Mike Mims

Mike Mims

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 1668 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 12:14 PM

We have 135 P2+ with medium skids that are from Metro Aviation 

Now I know Eurocpoter has different heights available, small medium and large..

However, you are probably going to have the mediums, which the majority of the 135 EMS frames have.  

It depend on your profile.  

Example:

If you get the large or (higher ones) its going to be tough loading your stretcher, and the small ones you will have the taller crew members in a bad load position.  

I'm 6'1" and I found once I can get the foot of the stretcher close to my hips, I use my legs to raise (loading) and to help lower (unloading)

Like I wrote above, most of the EMS airframes have the mediums for good stretcher load and crew member height.

The larger or (higher) may be on Law Enforcement or your news aircraft for the FLIR system and their cameras that are mounted under or close to the bottom of the fuselage 

Mike Mims

Aircare

University of Mississippi Medical Center

#3 Mike Mims

Mike Mims

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 1668 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 03:28 PM

Correction:

Airbus helicopters, no longer Eurocopter....... 

Mike Mims

Aircare

University of Mississippi Medical Center