13 replies to this topic

#1 timdhawk

timdhawk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 05:21 PM

We currently use Gibson & Barnes but are pretty consistently dis-satisfied with them. I've found a few that gear towards pilots but only offer OD green, tan or black. Are there any other suit makers out there that offer other non-military colors?

#2 Jeff Smith

Jeff Smith

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 06:18 AM

Ours come from Aureus. They seem to be pretty good.

http://aureusinterna...ight-coveralls/

Jeff Smith BS, NREMTP, CCEMTP, FP-C, Rockstar

If you're not dyin' we're not flyin'

#3 Mike Mims

Mike Mims

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 1668 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 02:49 PM

We currently use Gibson & Barnes but are pretty consistently dis-satisfied with them. I've found a few that gear towards pilots but only offer OD green, tan or black. Are there any other suit makers out there that offer other non-military colors?

What are you looking for in the suit you are wanting?  I have worn from both G&B and Aureus Inter,  poly-cotton and nomex suits..

Mike Mims

Aircare

University of Mississippi Medical Center

#4 USDalum97

USDalum97

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 05:15 AM

This is who we use: http://www.oursuitsfit.com/

I recently ordered a new one. I emailed the request with my sizing (we use the custom fit) and got a confirmation email shortly after. Suit came in a few weeks later.

Our program has the specific flight suit configuration on file so that people don't start ordering a bunch of extra stuff. We also sent them a box of company patches that they apply when they make the alterations. Also, on my last order, I requested that they change up a pocket flap to work better with my scissors. They did it no problem.

Other people that I know that have ordered from them say that they seem to add and delete pockets/flaps/zipper pulls without any fuss. All you have to do is ask. 

We've been using them for years so I assume the boss is happy.

#5 Badwedge

Badwedge

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 03:38 PM

We order custom colors and trim on our flight suits from G&B. Have for years. ??

#6 timdhawk

timdhawk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 04:39 PM

Ours come from Aureus. They seem to be pretty good.

http://aureusinterna...ight-coveralls/

I looked at them. Our competitor down the street uses them. Not bad, but we use Navy blue and they said thier Navy was closer to black and they don't custom size/taylor like G&B does.

What are you looking for in the suit you are wanting?  I have worn from both G&B and Aureus Inter,  poly-cotton and nomex suits..

Nothing special, just a decent fitting suit that doesn't take 8-10 weeks to arrive before you have to send it back for another 3-6 weeks to ge all the things fixed that wasn't done right the first time. (Note irritated sarcasm) The general quality of the suits we currently get is fine, but its the relatively constant need to send them back in...even if no requirements or no measurements changed from one year to the next, you still get a differnet cut and fitting suit each time. I'm not talking about a crew member adding a few pounds and making it tighter...I mean differnt pockets added (or not added), crotch 2-3 " to short or long, different cuffs or waist tabs, etc...

#7 timdhawk

timdhawk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 04:40 PM

This is who we use: http://www.oursuitsfit.com/

I recently ordered a new one. I emailed the request with my sizing (we use the custom fit) and got a confirmation email shortly after. Suit came in a few weeks later.

Our program has the specific flight suit configuration on file so that people don't start ordering a bunch of extra stuff. We also sent them a box of company patches that they apply when they make the alterations. Also, on my last order, I requested that they change up a pocket flap to work better with my scissors. They did it no problem.

Other people that I know that have ordered from them say that they seem to add and delete pockets/flaps/zipper pulls without any fuss. All you have to do is ask. 

We've been using them for years so I assume the boss is happy.

^^^ This is who we are looking at right. They are sending a demo suit as we speek. They say the get a lot of G&B people making the switch to them...so, we'll see.

We order custom colors and trim on our flight suits from G&B. Have for years. ??

Maybe they pay better attention to larger programs that generate more $ than us smaller ones...? I've heard others say they've had great success with G&B, but for some reason we have fairly consistanly not had that great of overall service. We even had the President and VP measure one of our crew at AMTC after talking to them about the issues we've had with them, and they STILL "misplaced" his spec sheet and it took over 12 weeks before he finaly got his suit...

#8 Wally

Wally

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 06:38 PM

Personally, I prefer 2-piece flight suits. Found these the other day, no knowledge other than they are not inexpensive-

http://www.drifire.c...ry/flight-suits

#9 hpcfrn

hpcfrn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 01:43 PM

We have just switched to DriFire. Both 2 piece and 1 piece. Excellent product.
Howard Polden RN, CFRN, CMTE, NREMT
Flight Nurse
Travis County STAR Flight
Austin, Texas

#10 flytmedic68

flytmedic68

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 10:14 PM

Our program has been using Suits USA for a while now. The suits are totally customizable from sizing to features. For a short time we tried the G&B suits but in our opinion they were just not the same quality.

http://www.suitsusainc.com/

#11 Appmedic28

Appmedic28

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 07:40 PM

The folks at Suits USA are top notch as are their suits. If you are local or within a reasonable drive it's well worth the trip to go in and get a custom fit.

#12 redneck

redneck

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 04:45 PM

We have used several Companies over the years and have been strictly using Suits USA for at least 4 years now and have not had any issues. Their suits are very durable and the staff has excellent customer service. Highly recommend them.

#13 timdhawk

timdhawk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 04:49 PM

1 1/2 year update -

We went with SuitsUSA and could not be happier...well, thats not entirely true. If they made name tags...THEN we would be happiest! But in lieu of that we have nothing but praise for them and thier product! It was a good switch from G&B.

#14 flmedic

flmedic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 September 2016 - 07:46 PM

My current program uses Aureus suits. After sending mine in twice for a left leg inseam failure which is failing a third time, and a right leg inseam failure on my second suit, we are now looking at other vendors, including Sisley, a company out of Australia. I had a chance to use one of their suits at a previous job and they are a great product.