2 replies to this topic

#1 randyl

randyl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 06:18 PM

Greetings from the west coast. We are currently involved in a project with one of the deliverables being a PAIP. The twist in this situation is that the communications centre (new standalone centre) will be operated by the health authority but the aircraft and air medical crew will belong to the contractor who will be providing service. The contractor will have their own PAIP which will have some links to the comms centre PAIP. Our experience is with a different model where the comms centre and medical crew belong to the same organization. Is anyone working in a similar model and if so, could you share how you define the area's of responsibility between the two organizations. I appreciate any feedback and can provide further clarification on what we are looking for if necessary

#2 Human External Cargo

Human External Cargo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 09:32 PM

Hi Randy,

I can't speak specifically about your question other than to say that without direct involvement by the CCP's and pilots (e.g. the end users of the program), there will be massive challenges created. With the Health Authority or Dispatch Centre working as a silo trying to create process without inviting extensive involvement by those that actually know the business, the project is destined for inefficiency and failure. One has to look no further than the current relationship between BCAS, PTCC, EPOS, and the PTN for a fine example of how not to introduce a project such as this.

#3 randyl

randyl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 04:18 PM

Hi Randy,

I can't speak specifically about your question other than to say that without direct involvement by the CCP's and pilots (e.g. the end users of the program), there will be massive challenges created. With the Health Authority or Dispatch Centre working as a silo trying to create process without inviting extensive involvement by those that actually know the business, the project is destined for inefficiency and failure. One has to look no further than the current relationship between BCAS, PTCC, EPOS, and the PTN for a fine example of how not to introduce a project such as this.

Good points and thanks for replying. I agree that program development must be inclusive of all stakeholders with inclusion depending on the level of involvement of the stakeholders. In this situation it is the actual governance of the system that has the coordination center as a standalone entity. What I am hoping from this question is that some of the programs out there that have a aircraft vendor separate from their coordination centre will be able to share insight on how they integrate the two PAIP programs. With a health region providing the coordination services and being the administrator of the air ambulance contract and a separate operator providing the aircraft services and medical transport crew, there are going to be areas of overlap when it comes to a PAIP and other components that are the sole responsibility of the individual party.