21 replies to this topic

#21 mg/kg

mg/kg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 09:36 PM

In my program the RN does all of the charting. So depending on your perspective, it could be a pretty sweet gig for a medic.

#22 insen...

insen...

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 05:40 AM

I worked for a program where the team lived and died together by the decisions they made, which actually placed more stress on many of the paramedics who never before had to be worried about knowing an abnormal coag level or manage a ventilator or transduce a Swan, CVP, and arterial line. They stepped up, however (usually), and figured it out.

I then worked for another program where the paramedics were restricted in practice by the state. All these medics embraced their role; they were happy to be allowed to fly around and intubate people without ever understanding that Vecuronium is a paralytic, not a sedative.

The only common denominator between these flight programs was the PAYCHECK. Didn't matter how smart you were as a paramedic, you simply weren't going to make as much money as the flight nurses.

And I only bring that up because there might be some people who think that paycheck equality reflects the amount of respect that an employer might have for you.
"Miserere stultus qui dicit latin." Contemporary French Linguist Insenescence