3 replies to this topic

#1 onearmwonder

onearmwonder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 571 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 07:50 PM

So I was recently looking back at posts about the Impact EMV+ vent, but did not find much detailed info on why people did or didn't like it. I know the Military uses it and that it really is a decent vent. I know from the engineer who helped create it that they will be updating it soon by adding the ability to formally measure Plateau Pressures and other stuff. So I'm looking for people's opinions especially if you are using it in the military environment. Details please details.

Thanks,

Matt

#2 MSDeltaFlt

MSDeltaFlt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 05:36 AM

So I was recently looking back at posts about the Impact EMV+ vent, but did not find much detailed info on why people did or didn't like it. I know the Military uses it and that it really is a decent vent. I know from the engineer who helped create it that they will be updating it soon by adding the ability to formally measure Plateau Pressures and other stuff. So I'm looking for people's opinions especially if you are using it in the military environment. Details please details.

Thanks,

Matt

From what I've seen while playing around with it on test lung is it is a very user friendly vent. Durable as well. Does volume as well as pressure. Even high frequency rates. Only thing I don't like about it is that it won't do inverse I:E ratio ventilation. It also doesn't have an inline neb option. Other than those two I like the vent.
Mike Hester, RRT/NRP/FP-C
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear - not absence of fear -- Mark Twain

#3 onearmwonder

onearmwonder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 571 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 05:29 PM

From what I've seen while playing around with it on test lung is it is a very user friendly vent. Durable as well. Does volume as well as pressure. Even high frequency rates. Only thing I don't like about it is that it won't do inverse I:E ratio ventilation. It also doesn't have an inline neb option. Other than those two I like the vent.

Hey Mike thanks for your time... I have some info on the inline neb issue. I will get back with you.

Matt

#4 Jacob

Jacob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 03:37 AM

Hey Mike thanks for your time... I have some info on the inline neb issue. I will get back with you.

Matt

IMHO Test around and find what works for you and your crews.... Feed back is key! Just went through 2 vent trials. We ended up picking one we liked, then had to pick a different one because the hospital had a issue. I know in our experience politics tended to be a driving factor that was willing to run over all things practical and helpful to the boots on the ground people. We trialled exactly what we were told by the politic machine to and then trialled a few extra. It gave us the flexibility to find what worked in our very unique environment. Ended up with something not on the original list of what was approved but something that fit our needs perfectly.