• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Northtoalaska

Northtoalaska

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:01 PM

What are you using for the pediatric rigid stylet?

#2 pureadrenalin

pureadrenalin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:43 PM

Verathon doesn't make a stylette for anything smaller than a 6.0. Best bet would likely be to curve the tube in a similar fashion, and use the flexible stylette in a similar fashion. it doesn't work perfectly, and you may need an extra pair of hands, but, in practice it's very doable.

#3 onearmwonder

onearmwonder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 571 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:23 PM

I saw a rigid pediatric stylet the other day in a crash cart shaped like the usual "J". You may have to modify the bend since your distances and angles will be different in the pedis. I'll see what I can find for ya.

Matt

#4 Northtoalaska

Northtoalaska

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:08 AM

Thanks!

#5 brandon911

brandon911

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:18 PM

YouTube glidescope LTA stylet. Not sure if its for sale or manufactured at all. I'm guessing that it was made by that provider just for him. YouTube is how I learned to become a paramedic. :)

brandon911

#6 pureadrenalin

pureadrenalin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:38 PM

The LTA is just a topical anesthesia cannula modified for used with a CO2 detector in that instance to facilitate intubation.

http://www.anesthesi...t/88/4/943.full

So yes brandon, he made it for himself.

To the OP, I would suggest just curving the tube into a half moon shape to help get proper angles. Once you get the tube around the corner, it's just a matter of putting it in the hole. :lol:

The steel stylet is not necessary with the glidescope. It's an optional accessory that is designed to make it even easier.

#7 TexRNmedic

TexRNmedic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 03:06 PM

What are you using for the pediatric rigid stylet?

I typically use a malleable stylet bent to the shape of the blade when using VL with great success. If I have difficulty passing the tube due to the acute angle then I'll have someone pull the stylet back a couple of inches to improve the flexibility of the distal tip. What size kiddo are you trying to use the Glidescope's #3 blade on? That might be a mouthful of blade that would be make the VL more of an impediment then an aide.
Wes Seale
Houston , TX