• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 StFuz

StFuz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:48 PM

Doing some research and I am requesting information on who out there does Neo/Pedi ECMO Transport, what modes of transport you use (airframes/preferably rotor), crew configurations, and what device you use.

Thanks

StFuz

#2 target813

target813

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 02:20 PM

I work for Children's Healthcare of Atlanta. We have ground trucks and air. I fly there. We fly a BK 117 as primary A/C and a BO 105 spare. Occ we will get a FW either a King Air or a Lear for long trips. We do pre ECMO transports in all modes. We don't transport on ECMO. Our normal team is RN, Medic. Depending on the pt we will take an RT if on Nitric and sometimes a PICU Fellow.

#3 frogRN

frogRN

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 October 2015 - 06:51 PM

We have done 3 ECLS transports and only in the ambulance. The program is in beginning stages. Currently purchasing new cart to hold and secure ECLS circuit better. Team is RN, RN, ECLS pump tech/RN and MD.

#4 jmalia1

jmalia1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 23 December 2015 - 07:29 PM

We don't do it because of the number of people needed. We would always bring a surgeon, perfusionist, transport medic, and transport nurse. That being said in an EC135 it gets tight so we would do it by ground.