8 replies to this topic

#1 onearmwonder

onearmwonder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 571 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 07:30 PM

Curious who uses the LTV 1200 vent in their King Air 200 planes? How are you mounting these vents, how easy is it to remove and how safe is the mounting product during severe turbulence? We are currently using a Lifeport stretcher system.

Thanks,

Matt

#2 onearmwonder

onearmwonder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 571 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 02:50 PM

To update I have contacted Lifeport and the only thing they have is a wall mounted one which would not work and just put the vent out of our reach. I'm looking for a mount that clamps to a round pole or square tubing using the dovetail / V-style bracket. Any help is welcomed.

Matt

#3 Macgyver

Macgyver

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 868 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 01:23 AM

Who were you dealing with at Lifeport? we had a pole clamp that could be used on the side of the bridge - IF your door is wide enough or if you are careful in it's positioning/angle during loading/unloading (critical to place ramp correctly also)
Ken BHSc, RN, REMT-P

#4 onearmwonder

onearmwonder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 571 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 01:54 AM

Yes... That's what I'm looking for... Whachu got? I have been dealing with Chris Hintz. Please send pics...

#5 Medic09

Medic09

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:46 PM

Just by way of comparison...

We have Spectrum sleds in our aircraft. The four corners of the sled have holes/tubes for inserting IV poles. We have a shelf whose two curved legs mount into the two holes at one end (or the other) and the vent can then be strapped onto the shelf. The LTV is flat and light enough. I've only flown in our King Air only once (and it is now back at our other base), but the shelf for the Spectrum seemed pretty good. The key thing would be afixing the vent so that it is stable and useable. Not too difficult. Would the Lifeport allow for a similar arrangement?

Mordechai Y. Scher
NRP, FP-C, RN

It's all about kind, competent patient care; and getting home safely to tell about it.

#6 onearmwonder

onearmwonder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 571 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 05:07 PM

Just by way of comparison...

We have Spectrum sleds in our aircraft. The four corners of the sled have holes/tubes for inserting IV poles. We have a shelf whose two curved legs mount into the two holes at one end (or the other) and the vent can then be strapped onto the shelf. The LTV is flat and light enough. I've only flown in our King Air only once (and it is now back at our other base), but the shelf for the Spectrum seemed pretty good. The key thing would be afixing the vent so that it is stable and useable. Not too difficult. Would the Lifeport allow for a similar arrangement?

That's a good question... It depends which arch you have. We have the Lifeport 3 point contact arch that is very flimsy even though it is rated to 50lbs at 15gs. We are looking at getting the four point contact arch which would make the arch much more sturdier. I can see where I could possibly engineer a set up using river straps with cam buckles. We have the canvas protection cover around our vent, but have found out that if you have to suspend the vent by the sewn reinforced d-rings that they are actually ripping. Nice thought by Carefusion, but it needs stronger material. I do believe that the dovetail style mounting bracket that clamps around a round or square pole would work the best and would be the most efficient. Mac and others on here have mentioned them and I'm just waiting for some pics. I have seen the arch for the spectrum and it does have a beefier steel tubing. I could see where that would work for that arch system due to it's construction. So when you say you are attaching it to the spectrum arch, can you give more details on that? Not wrapping my brain around that. Thanks for the help!

Matt

#7 FlyingPenguin

FlyingPenguin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:04 PM

Was there ever a decent solution discovered for this? Thanks.

#8 onearmwonder

onearmwonder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 571 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:57 AM

Surprisingly no...

#9 josh.dickson

josh.dickson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 08:10 PM

Spectrum can make a mount for their over-the-sled table that works. Talk to Boston.

"Anesthesia: the fine line between agony and apnea."

-Josh Dickson FP-C, CCEMT-P