• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 sr_medic

sr_medic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 02:37 AM

We have budgeted for new monitors, and are looking at all options. I have done a fair amount of research on the Zoll X Series (the Zoll rep really wants to sell us a few...) as well as the Propaq MD. When I brought up the ProPaq MD to the Zoll rep, he quickly changed the subject and went back to telling me about how great the X series is- this raised my eyebrow to say the least. Other than some aesthetic changes, I can't really tell a difference.

I'd love to hear anything you have to say about either of these, pro's ,cons, etc....and a ballpark quote of what you paid for what configuration-I gather Zoll is horrible at price inflation for their monitors in rural markets.

Thanks in advance!
D.F., BS, NREMT-P, FP-C

"Body and soul cannot be separated for purposes of treatment, for they are one and indivisible. Sick minds must be healed as well as sick bodies." -C. Jeff Miller

#2 Macgyver

Macgyver

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 868 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 12:25 PM

No exp with Zoll X- have only seen a few. Seems like a MD but without the NVG capability and a CPR timer/recording function. Price differance? Who knows/...
Ken BHSc, RN, REMT-P

#3 medic303

medic303

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 10:42 PM

No exp with Zoll X- have only seen a few. Seems like a MD but without the NVG capability and a CPR timer/recording function. Price differance? Who knows/...

I understand the X series can also send an EKG, the MD cannot.

#4 Battman

Battman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 10:37 AM

I think are both very comparable. Though thinking forward. NVS/NVG systems continue to grow in our community and telemedicine / blue-tooth technology will be in the near future.

#5 onearmwonder

onearmwonder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 571 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 12:15 AM

The X-series is just an MD that has Blue Tooth and is ground the version and not approved for air transport. Hope this helps.

Matt

#6 onearmwonder

onearmwonder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 571 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 12:15 AM

The X-series is just an MD that has Blue Tooth and is ground the version and not approved for air transport. Hope this helps.

Matt

#7 medic303

medic303

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:33 PM

We have budgeted for new monitors, and are looking at all options. I have done a fair amount of research on the Zoll X Series (the Zoll rep really wants to sell us a few...) as well as the Propaq MD. When I brought up the ProPaq MD to the Zoll rep, he quickly changed the subject and went back to telling me about how great the X series is- this raised my eyebrow to say the least. Other than some aesthetic changes, I can't really tell a difference.

I'd love to hear anything you have to say about either of these, pro's ,cons, etc....and a ballpark quote of what you paid for what configuration-I gather Zoll is horrible at price inflation for their monitors in rural markets.

Thanks in advance!

#8 medic303

medic303

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:41 PM

So we are looking at potentially buying some additional monitors as spares for the MD. I have seen the X and it is essentially the same except for bluetooth on the X and NVG on the MD. One other nice feature on the X is the wider printer paper. Regarding why they are pushing the X over the MD, I here that since the MD is still called a ProPac they have to kick some money back to WelchAllyn. The X is a Zoll unit, so your rep might make more money on the X. I have also heard that the X might soon be cheaper for some of the same reasons, especially if it gets a broader market with EMS instaed of the "check bag 15". Bottom line we love our MD's and you probably cannot go wrong with either.

#9 onearmwonder

onearmwonder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 571 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 12:13 AM

So we are looking at potentially buying some additional monitors as spares for the MD. I have seen the X and it is essentially the same except for bluetooth on the X and NVG on the MD. One other nice feature on the X is the wider printer paper. Regarding why they are pushing the X over the MD, I here that since the MD is still called a ProPac they have to kick some money back to WelchAllyn. The X is a Zoll unit, so your rep might make more money on the X. I have also heard that the X might soon be cheaper for some of the same reasons, especially if it gets a broader market with EMS instaed of the "check bag 15". Bottom line we love our MD's and you probably cannot go wrong with either.

Again remember the X is not approved for air medical by the FDA. I could be wrong, but you might want to get the facts around this. Would suck to buy one and realize that it does not do well with altitude changes and temperature changes well. Just saying...

Matt