3 replies to this topic

#1 ksflytmedic

ksflytmedic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 01:49 AM

I was wondering what kind of training Ground services are requiring of their Unit drivers? If you have a program that you use is it just classroom or is there actual driving time? If you do have driving time what all is involved in that portion of the training? Do just take someone out on the road and see how they drive or is there a particular course that they are required to negotiate through? My service is looking into changing their current training program and I have been asked to come up with some ideas. Also can you tell me how frequently your drivers are required to retest? Thank you.
J. Luck NREMTP, CCEMTP

#2 Flightmedic317

Flightmedic317

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 02:15 PM

Good Question. I will try to help you out as best as i can.. Not working on the Ambulance really much any more and have been flying but what i can tell you is what we used when i was there.

http://www.nsc.org/o...riving/cevo.cfm

Check that out.. Its the online version however we did the in classroom training. We also had to complete a driving obsticle course. Make sure you have people who are titled to teach the course and set up the driving part too. I thnk it is a great course. I would stay away from online versions. People loose focus when they have to sit in front of a computer talking to them.. there is no interaction amongst others which is another good reason to have the classroom class.

Hope that helps!
Justin, NREMT-P, CCEMT-P, EMS I/C
Critical Care Flight Paramedic
-- "Angel in the sky" --

#3 chris

chris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 31 October 2007 - 01:12 AM

All of our drivers are required to have "Certified Emergency Vehicle Operators Course" or "Emergency Vehicle Operators Course". Both of which involve didactic and actual driving portions. We encourage our flight staff to be able to drive when they are on the ground with our program vehicles(as opposed to contract vehicles and operators), so our drivers get a rest. We all wind up in a truck at one point or another due to weather or fixed wing.
chris

#4 VolandoP

VolandoP

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 03:44 PM

where is the ad? want to get more info on this driver training....is it about defensive road driving or track...?