• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 NubieFlyerRN

NubieFlyerRN

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 08:04 PM

Hi! I'm looking to condense our 4 transport supply bags into 1, or maybe 2. We do only neonatal transport; ground and air, but mostly ground. When we fly we have an EC135. We currently have a smaller Thomas pack for nursing supplies, a black fold out bag with 4 compartments for respiratory supplies, a Thomas medication pack, and a small softside lunchbox with ice packs for transport of our refrigerated medications. I've found many wonderful solutions for storage of nursing supplies, but I have not been able to find anything that meets all of our needs for the respiratory supplies. All of the airway modules or rolls that companies sell are made for adult transport so theres slots for storage of umpteen blades and multiple handles etc. Why doesn't anybody make a neonatal specific intubation pack/roll! Anyboyd have any ideas? In addition to equipment required for intubation, the respiratory supplies include a few sets of CPAP prongs, a nasal cannula, meconium aspirator (we attend deliveries), supplies for administering surfactant, bulb syringe, mucous trap, and suction catheters/sterile glove singles. Oh, and oral airways, that we've never used, but we carry 2 of each size... oiiii

#2 kidsrrtnps

kidsrrtnps

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 04:32 AM

I've used the Statpacks Load N Go previously and it really worked well to accomodate all of our stuff. We were able to fit all of our needs in it, with a "cooler" bag for medications carabinered to the stat pack. http://www.code-2.co...Go-p/g11022.htm

They also have an "airway" stackable that would fit into most of their bags.

http://www.code-2.co...LE-p/g11083.htm

Just a thought!

Hi! I'm looking to condense our 4 transport supply bags into 1, or maybe 2. We do only neonatal transport; ground and air, but mostly ground. When we fly we have an EC135. We currently have a smaller Thomas pack for nursing supplies, a black fold out bag with 4 compartments for respiratory supplies, a Thomas medication pack, and a small softside lunchbox with ice packs for transport of our refrigerated medications. I've found many wonderful solutions for storage of nursing supplies, but I have not been able to find anything that meets all of our needs for the respiratory supplies. All of the airway modules or rolls that companies sell are made for adult transport so theres slots for storage of umpteen blades and multiple handles etc. Why doesn't anybody make a neonatal specific intubation pack/roll! Anyboyd have any ideas? In addition to equipment required for intubation, the respiratory supplies include a few sets of CPAP prongs, a nasal cannula, meconium aspirator (we attend deliveries), supplies for administering surfactant, bulb syringe, mucous trap, and suction catheters/sterile glove singles. Oh, and oral airways, that we've never used, but we carry 2 of each size... oiiii

#3 pureadrenalin

pureadrenalin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 06:52 PM

The G2 Technician is probably the best solution. One bag, multiple modules, and it's got wheels if you need them.