32 replies to this topic

#21 hpcfrn

hpcfrn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 01:20 PM

Are any revel users having problems with revel vent and setting up for bilevel ventilation? Having alot of problems with using non invasive mode and transitioning patients off hospital bipap vision to the revel.

Yes, please define problems....have not had any either...
Howard Polden RN, CFRN, CMTE, NREMT
Flight Nurse
Travis County STAR Flight
Austin, Texas

#22 onearmwonder

onearmwonder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 571 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:19 PM

Define "problems". Because I haven't had any issues wiith the BiPAP.

I'm sure you have thought about this, but are you using a mask that has ANY exhalation ports? Your mask can't have any exhalation ports in it since this bypasses the actual exhalation port in the circuit. This will screw up your vents pressures.
Hope this helps...

Matt

#23 Merck

Merck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 02:31 AM

Just thought I'd throw in a quick bump-ish post. Not sure if any reps troll this site or anyone in the know but does anyone know if the ReVel will be licensed and marketed in Canada?

#24 onearmwonder

onearmwonder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 571 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:03 PM

Try emailing Rodney Bartz with Carefusion. He is a clinical rep. Not sure if he can help. It's rodney.bartz@carefusion.com...

Matt

#25 Merck

Merck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:12 AM

Thanks, will do.

#26 joemedic

joemedic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:42 PM

Anyone know the limitations to the Revel, such as how small patients. The LTV is only rated down to 5kg, can the revel do smaller??

#27 Northtoalaska

Northtoalaska

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:11 AM

ReVel is down to 5kg, too

#28 Jacob

Jacob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 06:47 PM

We also returned the EnVe and changed the Revel after trialling multiple vents(Neport, Dragger, LTV, Eagle). We have had no real problems. We use the same mask we use for our low pressure O2 CPAP system for NIV. It is a great system. We use the 5.11 Rush 10 bag to store in the truck. It fits with a circuit, EtCO2, extra battery and HME.

#29 Badwedge

Badwedge

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 02:40 PM

Are any revel users having problems with revel vent and setting up for bilevel ventilation? Having alot of problems with using non invasive mode and transitioning patients off hospital bipap vision to the revel.

When you said bilevel ventilation I'm going to assume you meant Bipap in both cases as bilevel is a proprietary mode which is different from Bipap. The two or three occasions I've used the Bipap on the Revel it's worked fine. The start menu is a little tedious for the Bipap mode. Regards John

#30 Jacob

Jacob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 05:11 PM

Has anyone had issues with the batteries? We love the vent but just had 2 batteries fail after 16 mo of service.

#31 Badwedge

Badwedge

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 11:26 PM

No primary battery issues yet. We generally don't leave the vent plugged in we just swop out batteries at the 1/2 mark. Unless your talking about the T-battery fault which occurs when the transistional battery gets too low, a quick charge takes care of that. Cheers.

#32 onearmwonder

onearmwonder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 571 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 03:04 AM

Has anyone had issues with the batteries? We love the vent but just had 2 batteries fail after 16 mo of service.

Jacob are you leaving it plugged in?

Matt

#33 Jacob

Jacob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 05:38 PM

Matt:

No. We use a desktop charger and swap the batteries once they fall to 2 bars.   All of our batteries have begun to not take full charges on both desktop and charging through Vent.  We have a total of 6 batteries and all have started to do this.  I put a call out to the rep who sold us the vent and have yet to hear back.