• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 PediRN

PediRN

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 09:51 PM

Is anyone using the ReVel ventilators? If so what are your thoughts? Are you having any issues with them?

#2 SerendepitySaki

SerendepitySaki

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1176 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 01:39 AM

feel free to contact me off-line via e-mail...what ventilators are you using now? what capabilities are you looking for? what price point are you looking at? etc.... sean.smith@critical-care.pro
LET THE WILD RUMPUS BEGIN !!!!!!
Sean G. Smith, RN-Alphabet Soup

#3 TexRNmedic

TexRNmedic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 02:24 AM

Is anyone using the ReVel ventilators? If so what are your thoughts? Are you having any issues with them?

We have LTV 1200s and are demo-ing the revel. I'll let you know how it goes, but I really am looking forward to ditching the sprint pack, a better blower with increased flow, more flexible leak compensation and PRVC.
Wes Seale
Houston , TX

#4 hpcfrn

hpcfrn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 02:07 PM

We have LTV 1200s and are demo-ing the revel. I'll let you know how it goes, but I really am looking forward to ditching the sprint pack, a better blower with increased flow, more flexible leak compensation and PRVC.

We just received 2 Revel vents. So far extremely impressive...size, weight, function, ease of use, batteries,etc.. Very easy transition from the LTV...
Howard Polden RN, CFRN, CMTE, NREMT
Flight Nurse
Travis County STAR Flight
Austin, Texas

#5 rick k

rick k

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 09:22 PM

We just received 2 Revel vents. So far extremely impressive...size, weight, function, ease of use, batteries,etc.. Very easy transition from the LTV...

I would like to know how the Revel holds up and performs. We just returned the Enve, as it continued to have multiple issues in air and ground transport. Great ventilator, just probably better served in a more controlled environment.
Rick Kantor
Critical Care Paramedic
Eastcare Transport

#6 hpcfrn

hpcfrn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 01:01 PM

I would like to know how the Revel holds up and performs. We just returned the Enve, as it continued to have multiple issues in air and ground transport. Great ventilator, just probably better served in a more controlled environment.

Hey Rick,

Completely different product from the Enve. Truly designed for what we do. So far very impressive. Essentially a miniaturization of the LTV 1200...weighing 10 pounds, no sprinter battery pack. Hot swappable 4 hour batteries, PRVC, easier to access sub menu items, etc. Will post back in a few months how it performs...
Flight Nurse
Austin, Texas

#7 rick k

rick k

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 06:35 AM

Hey Rick,

Completely different product from the Enve. Truly designed for what we do. So far very impressive. Essentially a miniaturization of the LTV 1200...weighing 10 pounds, no sprinter battery pack. Hot swappable 4 hour batteries, PRVC, easier to access sub menu items, etc. Will post back in a few months how it performs...

Great. I think that the LTVs we have to replace the Enves are proven and work, but are older technology with a bit of bulkiness to go along with that.
Rick Kantor
Critical Care Paramedic
Eastcare Transport

#8 rick k

rick k

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 01:14 AM

I figured I'd check back in and see how the Revel is holding up. Any feedback is welcome!
Rick Kantor
Critical Care Paramedic
Eastcare Transport

#9 hpcfrn

hpcfrn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 01:52 PM

I figured I'd check back in and see how the Revel is holding up. Any feedback is welcome!

Essentially a mini LTV 1200. No issues. Battery life excellent. Size and weight are amazing. Great customer support from Carefusion. Had 2 of their RRTs spend two full days with us conducting training plus they are coming back in July to do 2 CEU classes on mechanical ventilation and NPPV. We made a great choice.
Flight Nurse
Austin, Texas

#10 rick k

rick k

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 12:31 AM

Essentially a mini LTV 1200. No issues. Battery life excellent. Size and weight are amazing. Great customer support from Carefusion. Had 2 of their RRTs spend two full days with us conducting training plus they are coming back in July to do 2 CEU classes on mechanical ventilation and NPPV. We made a great choice.

Thanks! I'll pass that along to our management, if that's ok.
Rick Kantor
Critical Care Paramedic
Eastcare Transport

#11 Merck

Merck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 10:34 PM

Any idea if the ReVel will be licensed for use in Canada? We currently use the 1200 which have great functionality but the ReVel looks like a great transport solution.

Thanks

#12 MSDeltaFlt

MSDeltaFlt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 01:02 AM

The 1200 and the ReVel are both good vents. They're both knobby when trying to access special functions: BiPAP for the 1200and AutoPEEP and plateau pressure for PCV. PRVC is a good mode, however, it is not the be all end all on modes. If your pt is not adequately sedated, you can and will thoroughly @#%& your pt's &%#@ up.
Mike Hester, RRT/NRP/FP-C
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear - not absence of fear -- Mark Twain

#13 Macgyver

Macgyver

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 868 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 02:29 AM

What about the EN VE? Looks like essentially the same with a more user riendly screen - to bad no loop capability however.
Ken BHSc, RN, REMT-P

#14 MSDeltaFlt

MSDeltaFlt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 02:51 AM

What about the EN VE? Looks like essentially the same with a more user riendly screen - to bad no loop capability however.

From what I've heard it's great for inTRA hospital, but horrible for inTER hospital. Alarms are way too sensitive to transport noise/vibration.
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear - not absence of fear -- Mark Twain

#15 rick k

rick k

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 03:05 AM

From what I've heard it's great for inTRA hospital, but horrible for inTER hospital. Alarms are way too sensitive to transport noise/vibration.

We tried the Enve. It did have a loop circuit and had a ton of features. It did not handle transports well, we had several documented instances of failure to ventilate or over ventilation. The exhaust diaphragm was problematic. We had to cease use of them, with the ventilators eventually being recalled. http://product-recal...Ve-Ventilators. I wouldn't call their interface necessarily better then the Revel. I think the Enve is ahead of its time. The options available far exceed most day to day transport operations.
Rick Kantor
Critical Care Paramedic
Eastcare Transport

#16 Merck

Merck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 03:21 PM

Not sure why you'd have to do a plateau pressure in Pressure Control Ventilation. And yeah the 1200 can be a bit of a pain putting it into NIPPV mode but it's not that bad. I just like the idea of anything smaller that does the job and our whole crew is familiar with the 1200 so there would be less training/transition to a similar platform.

#17 MSDeltaFlt

MSDeltaFlt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 09:27 PM

Not sure why you'd have to do a plateau pressure in Pressure Control Ventilation. And yeah the 1200 can be a bit of a pain putting it into NIPPV mode but it's not that bad. I just like the idea of anything smaller that does the job and our whole crew is familiar with the 1200 so there would be less training/transition to a similar platform.

I will determine the plateau pressure to initiate pressure ventilation if volume ventilation isn't adequate.

#18 Merck

Merck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 11:25 PM

Sure, that makes sense. Thought you meant doing it straight up in PCV.

#19 medic9333

medic9333

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 03:14 PM

Are any revel users having problems with revel vent and setting up for bilevel ventilation? Having alot of problems with using non invasive mode and transitioning patients off hospital bipap vision to the revel.

#20 MSDeltaFlt

MSDeltaFlt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 09:33 PM

Are any revel users having problems with revel vent and setting up for bilevel ventilation? Having alot of problems with using non invasive mode and transitioning patients off hospital bipap vision to the revel.

Define "problems". Because I haven't had any issues wiith the BiPAP.