#2 JLP

JLP

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 04:43 PM

http://lifeinthefast...y-and-bleeding/

thanks for the post, Sean - is Dr Le Cong still on this website? Northern Australia sounds nice right now, I have to say.

#3 SerendepitySaki

SerendepitySaki

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1176 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 01:20 AM

you are welcome, yes, and yes indeed! but where EXACTLY to get midwifery experience?.... THAT is the question! B)
LET THE WILD RUMPUS BEGIN !!!!!!
Sean G. Smith, RN-Alphabet Soup

#4 Macgyver

Macgyver

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 868 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 09:46 PM

Northern Canada - there are lots of nursing stations that use (usually British trained) them... Did 18 station deliveries there in 4 years (all on the ground!) but not sure how many you'd have to attend/perform to meet Aus requirement. The theory can be done online as a postgrad diploma from James Cook University - also check out their MSN and PG Cert if Aeromedical Retrival...
Ken BHSc, RN, REMT-P

#5 SerendepitySaki

SerendepitySaki

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1176 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 10:04 PM

believe me, brother... the thoughts have not escaped me...neither Canada, nor James Cook...multiple goals...triaging, etc...focusing on neo-pedi and medical mission stuff at the moment...then, wrenching on motorcycles and flying, then....______________ vamos a ver....but, it ALL eventually synergistically dovetails together.... PS:... i VERY much like the "on the ground" comment.... 6 Ps and all that...not that i would ever expect less from you and your keen engineering mind....! no doubt we shall pick this up again later...meanwhile, rum & cokes poolside are calling... calm before the storm and all that... cheers!
LET THE WILD RUMPUS BEGIN !!!!!!
Sean G. Smith, RN-Alphabet Soup