• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 CCZ

CCZ

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 05:53 PM

I am prior service Marines with 10 years paramedic and 5 years flight exp. Looking to enlist in either Army Reserve or active, Recruiter is having a heck of a time finding where these units are located. Anyone have current info or contacts.

Thanks,

#2 CCZ

CCZ

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 10:54 PM

Sounds like Ft. Hood, Texas is the only reserve blackhawk medevac unit in the army.

#3 Gila

Gila

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 11:15 PM

National Guard may be a consideration. Several NG units that do Medevac exist.
Christopher Bare
"Non fui, fui, non sum, non curo "

#4 CCZ

CCZ

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 12:28 AM

Thank you for your reply. The guard won't take me, I am forty and recruiter said I need to be under 38. Army reserves said they will take me so I am limited. If anyone has contacts out there you can PM me. Thanks

#5 Gila

Gila

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 06:10 AM

You may want to talk with a few different recruiters as age waivers are not uncommon.
Christopher Bare
"Non fui, fui, non sum, non curo "

#6 onearmwonder

onearmwonder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 571 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 08:00 PM

I am prior service Marines with 10 years paramedic and 5 years flight exp. Looking to enlist in either Army Reserve or active, Recruiter is having a heck of a time finding where these units are located. Anyone have current info or contacts.

Thanks,

The Army will take even with your age. 32 is usually the cuttoff, but they are in an extreme need for CC nurses. talked to an Army recruiter recently . They will send you through nursing school with a critical care emphasis. The school will be in Texas and you will have to give them 8 years commitment. It's the best experience out there hands down IMHO. Good luck.

Matt