1 reply to this topic

#1 SerendepitySaki

SerendepitySaki

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1176 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 10:50 AM

from another thread: ctmedica504: " I am currently enrolled and taking it and so far it has been outstanding and can easily see it preparing me to sit for both the FP-C and the CCP-C."

I have posted a little info below....would love to hear from current and former students....

http://www.creighton...s/ccp/index.php

http://www.creighton...nline/index.php
Most instruction will be delivered online. Students will be required to attend a one-day invasive skills session on the Creighton campus and complete 36 hours of clinical rotation in an ICU/CCU environment.

Current course cost for the online course as a Certificate Student is $900.

Students interested in taking the Critical Care Paramedic class for credit will be billed at Creighton University's current credit hour rate. For information on taking the class as a Credit Student, please contact the EMS Education office at 402-280-1280.

Presently, the Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services does not recognize or credential critical care paramedics. Individual states may offer an endorsement to function as a critical care paramedic. One option to formal credentialing is the certified critical care paramedic exam or certified flight paramedic exam both administered by the Board for Critical Care Transport Paramedic Certification.

LET THE WILD RUMPUS BEGIN !!!!!!
Sean G. Smith, RN-Alphabet Soup

#2 ctmedica504

ctmedica504

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 12:30 PM

I have been dormant from this forum for some time and forgot about this thread. I'm not sure if anyone is still interested but I can provide a lot of information about this program. I would highly recommend this program if anyone is considering taking a formal Critical Care Paramedic program and simply can not afford to take the two week intensive course that UMBC offers. This program is very well put together in an amazing online format and perhaps the best class I have ever taken online! You do have to travel to Omaha, NE for a 1 day skills lab which in it's self was a great experience. They also require you to perform 36 hours of ICU time which I opted to travel back to Omaha for and perform at Creightons Medical Center which again was an amazing experience. They were use to have Critical Care Paramedic students and really allowed you to utilize the skills you learned and you weren't just a shadow lurking in the background, they got you involved! It was through this experience that I've decided to pursue my studies and push my career further! If anyone wants more information, please feel free to contact me via this forum and I will get back to you!