• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Ca_Tac_Medic

Ca_Tac_Medic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 05:11 AM

First off I have been visiting this forum for quite some time, originally when I was employed full time as a Flight Paramedic in Northern CA, approximately five years ago. I am still a licensed Paramedic and I work for the state as a Tactical Medic. One of the thing I do on the side is build gear for SWAT / EMS/ Law Enforcement / Military and I recently designed and built a soft storage system that was mounted in an AS 350 B3. I built the system to the customers specs...
The rear of the pilots seat had custom pouches / panels / and holders, all of which are movable to any location the flight crew desires in less than a minute. The system is modular and allows the end user(flight crew) to pick pouch size and configuration and place it anywhere on any of the the panels. No STC required...as of yet as they are not 'permanently affixed"....correct me on this if needed..... I built a total of 4 panels for the AS 350... One on the rear of the pilot's seat that hold 10 pouches (dimensions per customer). A secondary panel between the lifeport seats, up the aft wall, modular as well and has 6 misc sized pouches. An Aft Wall glove panel that holds 3 to 4 glove pouches that are easily accessed by the crew. I also built a panel for below the seats to hold misc items for the crew. All materials are Mil-Spec, lifetime guaranteed and are patent pending.

The unique aspect of my design is that the pouch size, location and configuration can be changed very quickly, without any disassembly of the platform components. Ifyou tear a pouch, you replace one pouch...not an entire panel set...The end user can select the size of any panel, storage pouches or storage components that mount to the sub panel. I will try and post some pictures in the future..I am currently working on a design for a King Air and a BK 117 as well.

Now to my question, I have searched high and low and my google fu is getting pretty weak...I have been unable to locate any non-large vendor based company that designs, builds and installs soft storage systems in HEMS or Fixed wing aircraft. I am not looking for any new ideas as I already have this one of my own. As a company, if you are looking for soft fixed storage in your aircraft, how is this getting accomplished if it was not originally purchased as part of your interior from a vendor? I am looking to build a few custom projects for a company at little or no cost, just to get my product out....

If this forum is not the correct place for this,please delete or move it. I just think i have a great idea, I just have no way to get it out...or even see if there is a realistic need.

Wallace

#2 Ca_Tac_Medic

Ca_Tac_Medic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 09:02 AM

a_Tac_Medic' date='02 August 2011 - 05:11 AM' timestamp='1312261916' post='26900']
First off I have been visiting this forum for quite some time, originally when I was employed full time as a Flight Paramedic in Northern CA, approximately five years ago. I am still a licensed Paramedic and I work for the state as a Tactical Medic. One of the thing I do on the side is build gear for SWAT / EMS/ Law Enforcement / Military and I recently designed and built a soft storage system that was mounted in an AS 350 B3. I built the system to the customers specs...
The rear of the pilots seat had custom pouches / panels / and holders, all of which are movable to any location the flight crew desires in less than a minute. The system is modular and allows the end user(flight crew) to pick pouch size and configuration and place it anywhere on any of the the panels. No STC required...as of yet as they are not 'permanently affixed"....correct me on this if needed..... I built a total of 4 panels for the AS 350... One on the rear of the pilot's seat that hold 10 pouches (dimensions per customer). A secondary panel between the lifeport seats, up the aft wall, modular as well and has 6 misc sized pouches. An Aft Wall glove panel that holds 3 to 4 glove pouches that are easily accessed by the crew. I also built a panel for below the seats to hold misc items for the crew. All materials are Mil-Spec, lifetime guaranteed and are patent pending.

The unique aspect of my design is that the pouch size, location and configuration can be changed very quickly, without any disassembly of the platform components. Ifyou tear a pouch, you replace one pouch...not an entire panel set...The end user can select the size of any panel, storage pouches or storage components that mount to the sub panel. I will try and post some pictures in the future..I am currently working on a design for a King Air and a BK 117 as well.

Now to my question, I have searched high and low and my google fu is getting pretty weak...I have been unable to locate any non-large vendor based company that designs, builds and installs soft storage systems in HEMS or Fixed wing aircraft. I am not looking for any new ideas as I already have this one of my own. As a company, if you are looking for soft fixed storage in your aircraft, how is this getting accomplished if it was not originally purchased as part of your interior from a vendor? I am looking to build a few custom projects for a company at little or no cost, just to get my product out....

If this forum is not the correct place for this,please delete or move it. I just think i have a great idea, I just have no way to get it out...or even see if there is a realistic need.

Wallace

[/quote]

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Some Pics from my Beta Test install....I wish I had better pics, but this is all I have for now: The system works just as any pouch system does, however it gives the end user the ability to change, move and adapt to any pouch, panel, size or configuration as needed without changing the whole system. My work / equipment has a liftime guarantee against defects in materials and workmanship.

#3 Paxthar

Paxthar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 08:57 PM

What have you gotten designed for the King Air? May be interested in what you have done!

#4 onearmwonder

onearmwonder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 571 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 05:54 PM

Great idea with the ability to maximize space of an area. Also look at a design for the newer style Astar pilot seat. Sits taller with a head rest. You should have no problem once you market more and get your name. You will reach skepticism since some people don't know true STC rules. Also the large vendors like Airmethods and PHI have their own in house interior crafters. So they are off your list. Not sure about AMRG or MedTrans or Tristate Careflight etc. PM me ... I have more information for you.

Matt

#5 onearmwonder

onearmwonder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 571 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 06:36 PM

Great idea with the ability to maximize space of an area. Also look at a design for the newer style Astar pilot seat. Sits taller with a head rest. You should have no problem once you market more and get your name. You will reach skepticism since some people don't know true STC rules. Also the large vendors like Airmethods and PHI have their own in house interior crafters. So they are off your list. Not sure about AMRG or MedTrans or Tristate Careflight etc. PM me ... I have more information for you.

Matt