Jwade

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1405 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 08:11 PM

here's a taste:

http://www.aviationt...ries/73878.html

Did they really need an NTSB recommendation to put together a course for IIMC? LOL.......

IIMC is drilled into you from day one of instrument rating flight school.........and is something every pilot should practice on a frequent basis.........

There was an excellent article on this very subject in Rotor & Wing a few years ago from the HEMS pilot who did exactly this and became inverted and barely managed to right it before they hit the ground......I think its a must read for every pilot........

How are the flight lessons coming along?

JW
John Wade MBA, CCEMT-P, FP-C, RN

"Have the courage to follow your heart and intuition, they somehow already know what you truly want to become" Steve Jobs

#3 SerendepitySaki

SerendepitySaki

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1176 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 08:40 PM

this whole 48 hours i manage to cram into a 24 hour day, STILL isn't enough... however, i'm hitting up this chick named hermione about something called a "Time Turner"....she says it might help? :P

funny you should mention that particular thing though... hoping to get my sim set up this week-end... have all of the saitek 172 bits, a dedicated i5 laptop, g1000 checkout module, etc...

and you KNOW better to make a teaser post like that without posting a link to the article... B)

i've posted a few here from AOPA, will try and hunt the one you mentioned down...

saw sporty's was giving away a seaplane rating and thought of you...
LET THE WILD RUMPUS BEGIN !!!!!!
Sean G. Smith, RN-Alphabet Soup

#4 SerendepitySaki

SerendepitySaki

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1176 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 08:52 PM

http://www.aviationt.../rw/?query=IIMC

#5 Jwade

Jwade

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1405 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 09:48 PM

this whole 48 hours i manage to cram into a 24 hour day, STILL isn't enough... however, i'm hitting up this chick named hermione about something called a "Time Turner"....she says it might help? :P

funny you should mention that particular thing though... hoping to get my sim set up this week-end... have all of the saitek 172 bits, a dedicated i5 laptop, g1000 checkout module, etc...

and you KNOW better to make a teaser post like that without posting a link to the article... B)

i've posted a few here from AOPA, will try and hunt the one you mentioned down...

saw sporty's was giving away a seaplane rating and thought of you...

LOL...I have already entered the sportys contest 4 times! :D

TRUST ME, I KNOW, I have spent the last hour combing the internet to try and find a copy of that article......If memory serves, it was a HEMS ship in Florida......It was a really good OBJECTIVE article by the pilot himself.......He told everything he did wrong, what he did right and what NOT to do in the future......

Is your i5 gonna be fast enough from a processor and memory standpoint to run a sim package??????

Let me know if you have questions about the G1000, I have about 300 hours flying them now.........It'a an amazing system......

Sent you a message on FB about some IFR stuff I am getting rid of.....

JW
John Wade MBA, CCEMT-P, FP-C, RN

"Have the courage to follow your heart and intuition, they somehow already know what you truly want to become" Steve Jobs

#6 SerendepitySaki

SerendepitySaki

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1176 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 09:51 PM

yeppers... i replied IMMEDIATELY...in fact, even before i replied to your post here.... did you not get my note?

:unsure: