• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 jpd9191

jpd9191

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 07:12 PM

I'm looking over various apps for a Ipod, Ipad, etc. and I found some. I found a ACLS, PALS, and NRP app...among others.

Are there any other apps that people are using in their practice?

#2 Jwade

Jwade

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1405 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 01:44 AM

I'm looking over various apps for a Ipod, Ipad, etc. and I found some. I found a ACLS, PALS, and NRP app...among others.

Are there any other apps that people are using in their practice?

Yes sir,

I only need two of them....Both of them available through the Itunes App store! Thats really all you should need.....IResq does everything for you....Vents, blood gases, IABP, etc.....

IResQ - www.theresqshop.com

Epocrates - Drug program...

JW
John Wade MBA, CCEMT-P, FP-C, RN

"Have the courage to follow your heart and intuition, they somehow already know what you truly want to become" Steve Jobs

#3 TexRNmedic

TexRNmedic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 08:00 AM

Yes sir,

I only need two of them....Both of them available through the Itunes App store! Thats really all you should need.....IResq does everything for you....Vents, blood gases, IABP, etc.....

JW

Agreed. And they are both available for those of us with Android phones.
Wes Seale
Houston , TX

#4 Jwade

Jwade

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1405 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 03:32 PM

Agreed. And they are both available for those of us with Android phones.

ANDROID!!!!!!!!! My young padowan......much to learn you have! B)

JW

"Have the courage to follow your heart and intuition, they somehow already know what you truly want to become" Steve Jobs

#5 SerendepitySaki

SerendepitySaki

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1176 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 07:59 PM

http://shopping.yaho...cle-the-iphone/
LET THE WILD RUMPUS BEGIN !!!!!!
Sean G. Smith, RN-Alphabet Soup

#6 jpd9191

jpd9191

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 03:27 PM

[quote name='Jwade' date='27 May 2011 - 06:44 PM' timestamp='1306547077' post='26202']
Yes sir,

The IResQ app is a great option for an all in one resource. Thanks for the information.

#7 ST RN/PM

ST RN/PM

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 01:50 AM

Hey all,
Recently I helped develop an app that offers a lot of information that is relevant for transport medicine, students (EMS/Nursing/PA/Medical School) and instructors. I have a lot of faith that this app will help a lot of people.... Check it out.....
http://itunes.apple....65732?Is=1&mt=8
Lemme know what you guys think. Steve
Steve T. RN, PM

#8 Jwade

Jwade

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1405 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 06:41 PM

Hey all,
Recently I helped develop an app that offers a lot of information that is relevant for transport medicine, students (EMS/Nursing/PA/Medical School) and instructors. I have a lot of faith that this app will help a lot of people.... Check it out.....
http://itunes.apple....65732?Is=1&mt=8
Lemme know what you guys think. Steve

Steve,

I just downloaded the app. VERY WELL DONE!

A couple of suggestions.

1. I would start with a sale price to get you some action on downloads and some positive reviews. I think 9.99 is a bit too high starting out of the blocks.....

2. In the RSI section under lidocaine. It states " May blunt ICP increase" ...... As has been discussed on this forum ad nauseum, lidocaine in and of itself does NOT reduce ICP. The only thing it does is blunt the airway reflex which possibly could help blunt a rise in ICP.......I understand I am being nit picky, but it drives me crazy when i hear people say give lidocaine for a head injury.........

3. Under Vent modes, maybe adding a section of the most standard types of transport vents or ICU vents that people may come across and some basic operational functions.

Otherwise, it appears to be very well thought out and from the 15 minutes i have gone through it, I have few complaints.....

Great job,

JW

#9 ST RN/PM

ST RN/PM

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 04:38 PM

John,
Thank you for your kind words. I really cannot take too much credit for this app, as I really didn't participate in about 85% of the hard work it takes to develop an app.......
There have been several suggestions including yours that are already being taken into account for the next update.......THank you very much for your review, and please pass the word on to your colleagues..... Steve
Steve T. RN, PM

#10 SerendepitySaki

SerendepitySaki

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1176 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 04:52 PM

here you go, steve...a chance for you and your app developin' partners to win some green AND do some good!

http://reachthehomeless.challenge.gov/
Sean G. Smith, RN-Alphabet Soup

#11 SerendepitySaki

SerendepitySaki

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1176 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 10:55 AM

http://wikijournalclub.org/iphoneapp/