#1 Al Buterol

Al Buterol

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 02:45 AM

Greetings,

Does anyone have a source for cheap activation, or a low cost card that lasts for a long period of time?

All I find is cost close to $75 to $100 per month with no minutes, or 500 minutes for $500 that expire in 30 to 90 days.

I just want to be able to carry my phone like a rabbit's foot and hope to never use it. In other words, I'd like to find 200 minutes that never expire for $100. Or something like that.

I also have the alpha-pager that mates with the phone and would like to use it as well.

Anyone?

#2 TexRNmedic

TexRNmedic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 08:51 PM

Greetings,

Does anyone have a source for cheap activation, or a low cost card that lasts for a long period of time?

All I find is cost close to $75 to $100 per month with no minutes, or 500 minutes for $500 that expire in 30 to 90 days.

I just want to be able to carry my phone like a rabbit's foot and hope to never use it. In other words, I'd like to find 200 minutes that never expire for $100. Or something like that.

I also have the alpha-pager that mates with the phone and would like to use it as well.

Anyone?

I have had good experience with Outfitter Satellite. Airtime is reasonable and they have some of the best prices for accessories and external antennae. Here is a link to their price list. They have a North American plan that is $200/ 200 minutes for 6 months. They also have a monthly $29.95 plan that is $1.69 a minute.
Wes Seale
Houston , TX

#3 Al Buterol

Al Buterol

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 02:14 AM

I have had good experience with Outfitter Satellite. Airtime is reasonable and they have some of the best prices for accessories and external antennae. Here is a link to their price list. They have a North American plan that is $200/ 200 minutes for 6 months. They also have a monthly $29.95 plan that is $1.69 a minute.

Perfect !

That's just what I needed, I'll call them tomorrow

#4 TexRNmedic

TexRNmedic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 03:19 AM

Perfect !

No worries. Glad I could help. I dealt with them a few years back when Fed grant money was flowing a little more freely. Our system purchased a large number of handhelds for use in the event of infrastructure failure during a hurricane or other large event. I did not want to be the one standing outside in a hurricane to use the phone, so I picked up a bunch of base station/ external antenna kits from Outfitter. Good folks and easy to deal with. Best prices I could find at the time.
Wes Seale
Houston , TX

#5 SerendepitySaki

SerendepitySaki

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1176 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 02:35 PM

outstandingly good resource wes....thanks!
LET THE WILD RUMPUS BEGIN !!!!!!
Sean G. Smith, RN-Alphabet Soup

#6 Macgyver

Macgyver

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 868 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 12:41 AM

Perfect !

Which sat network do they use? Iridium or Globalstar or ?? 'cause Globalstar sucks N or S of 70 degrees N and S...
Ken BHSc, RN, REMT-P

#7 TexRNmedic

TexRNmedic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 01:21 AM

Which sat network do they use? Iridium or Globalstar or ?? 'cause Globalstar sucks N or S of 70 degrees N and S...

Iridium Satellite Phone Sim Cards searching for cheap activation

Iridium phone on an Iridium network.
Wes Seale
Houston , TX