7 replies to this topic

#1 medic1488

medic1488

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 02:09 PM

Anyone know a good app for the iphone that does y-site compatability? Cheap or free would be even better. :)

#2 TexRNmedic

TexRNmedic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 04:04 PM

Anyone know a good app for the iphone that does y-site compatibility? Cheap or free would be even better. :)

Intravenous Medications by Gahart and Nazareno is a pretty good resource for IV compatibility. Available in paperback and electronic versions for most smart phones. 2011 edition is now out.
Here is a link to the digital 2010 version.
I'm sure somebody else can put you on a cheaper version, but I've used this for years.
Wes Seale
Houston , TX

#3 medic1488

medic1488

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 05:40 PM

Intravenous Medications by Gahart and Nazareno is a pretty good resource for IV compatibility. Available in paperback and electronic versions for most smart phones. 2011 edition is now out.
Here is a link to the digital 2010 version.
I'm sure somebody else can put you on a cheaper version, but I've used this for years.

Thanks for the heads up.

#4 SerendepitySaki

SerendepitySaki

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1176 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 08:36 PM

i just call wes and ask him... now that he has new spawn, he never sleeps.... B)
LET THE WILD RUMPUS BEGIN !!!!!!
Sean G. Smith, RN-Alphabet Soup

#5 TexRNmedic

TexRNmedic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 03:35 AM

i just call wes and ask him... now that he has new spawn, he never sleeps.... B)

Sleeping just fine (at least 3 hours straight ;) ). It's all the honey-do projects that are keeping me busy. I need to go back to work next week so I can get a little downtime. Now I know you have a small college library in your home office and have stuffed most of it in your head, so I figured you, if anyone would know of a better or cheaper option for medic1488.
Wes Seale
Houston , TX

#6 SerendepitySaki

SerendepitySaki

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1176 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 02:30 PM

i rock it old school with a wifi capable PDA.... BUT ....the ref you gave is the same i would have provided....

that being said, i'm simply NOT familiar w/ all the available electronic options... books, i can recommend out the whazoo, but when it comes to iPhone apps.... there are definitely better folks than me to ask..... and there MAY be something better than our old standby gahart&naz out there...

beuller? beuller?

i KNOW we have some apple pharm geek/ fan boys out there.... Gila is who i would ask about all things apple....
LET THE WILD RUMPUS BEGIN !!!!!!
Sean G. Smith, RN-Alphabet Soup

#7 TexRNmedic

TexRNmedic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 05:31 PM

i rock it old school with a wifi capable PDA.... BUT ....the ref you gave is the same i would have provided....

that being said, i'm simply NOT familiar w/ all the available electronic options... books, i can recommend out the whazoo, but when it comes to iPhone apps.... there are definitely better folks than me to ask..... and there MAY be something better than our old standby gahart&naz out there...

beuller? beuller?

i KNOW we have some apple pharm geek/ fan boys out there.... Gila is who i would ask about all things apple....

Just read a conversation on ENA site about this. Take a look a Pepid. Looks like they have EMS and critical care specific apps. However $$$$$, runs about $100 a year. Wow. I think I'll stick with IV Meds and the free Epocrates subscription.
Wes Seale
Houston , TX

#8 medic1488

medic1488

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 03:43 AM

Just read a conversation on ENA site about this. Take a look a Pepid. Looks like they have EMS and critical care specific apps. However $$$$$, runs about $100 a year. Wow. I think I'll stick with IV Meds and the free Epocrates subscription.

Yeah, I like the epocrates price. :D