• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 FWforMePlz

FWforMePlz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 02:11 PM

Hi Folks.... I was wondering if anyone was aware of an EC 130 utilizing a wheeled patient stretcher. My organization is debating between an AStar and the EC, and we more or less consider a stretcher with wheels mandatory (we're almost 100% interfacility). We're pretty sure there is no such thing as rolling stretcher for the AStar, but feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks!! Posted Image

#2 Scott_in_NH

Scott_in_NH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 10:53 PM

EC 130? There is a wheel cot for the EC135. PM me for more info, but it's made by ferno, it's what we use.
Scott A. Lancaster

"To give our youth an education that shall be American in character - to enable them to act as well as to think - to execute as well as to conceive - "to tolerate all opinions when reason is left free to combat them" - to make moral patriotic, efficient, and useful citizens, and to qualify them for all those high responsibilities resting upon a citizen of this free republic." -GTE

#3 Mike Mims

Mike Mims

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 1668 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 12:09 AM

Hi Folks.... I was wondering if anyone was aware of an EC 130 utilizing a wheeled patient stretcher. My organization is debating between an AStar and the EC, and we more or less consider a stretcher with wheels mandatory (we're almost 100% interfacility). We're pretty sure there is no such thing as rolling stretcher for the AStar, but feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks!! Posted Image

No stretcher for either the 130 or AStar right now....., but it's in the works, (not sure it's gonna be a good choice vs a litter)

If it's mandatory that you need your own stretcher, than the EC135 or 145 is your only choice.

You may be able to find a BK117, but they are being replaced.

Mike Mims

Aircare

University of Mississippi Medical Center

#4 lostmedic

lostmedic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 03:54 PM

Thanks!! Posted Image

St. John's Lifeline in Soutwest Missouri use a EC135 and a Ferno cot, i believe a Ferno 28.
Morgan

#5 SerendepitySaki

SerendepitySaki

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1176 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 02:21 PM

I would recommend putting a call into:

Michael Christiansen at
Spectrum AeroMed
1-800-753-43440

they specialize in this sort of thing!

www.spectrum-aeromed.com
LET THE WILD RUMPUS BEGIN !!!!!!
Sean G. Smith, RN-Alphabet Soup

#6 FWforMePlz

FWforMePlz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 04:28 AM

Thanks all for the replies..... I have some EC-135 experience and we had the ferno cot... Didn't suspect the 130 could fit one but needed to make sure. I may give Spectrum a call but I'm not holding my breath. Thanks again!

#7 keith knight

keith knight

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 04:15 AM

Hey, I work for Baptist Lifeflight in Alabama, there is a rolling cot for EC-130. We have 2 new 130's being completed in Denver now. Air Methods has designed a cot for each of our new aircraft. If needed I can e-mail pictures. One of our aircraft will be on display at the aams conference in Florida. Feel free to e-mail for more info if needed. Keith

#8 redneck

redneck

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 09:53 PM

Our program had the EC 130 stretcher and I can tell you that it was a total disaster. We switched back to the litter system and it was the best thing that we have ever done for our program. The stretcher system on the EC 130 is an engineering disaster.