• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 aireman691

aireman691

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 04:28 PM

The program I work for is considering adopting an early activation protocol and I was just curious about other programs. Is anyone utilizing early activation guidlines out there. And if so would you be willing to share your guidlines?

#2 USDalum97

USDalum97

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 08:28 PM

The program I work for is considering adopting an early activation protocol and I was just curious about other programs. Is anyone utilizing early activation guidlines out there. And if so would you be willing to share your guidlines?

We use them. Have for years. It is specified by the local EMS authority and done by CAD. There was a study done a few years ago in our response area (the study was not done by us). It showed that of the pt's transported, on average, it got the pt to the hosptial 21 minutes faster.

I will send a PM.

#3 Scott S.

Scott S.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 11:14 PM

Aireman,
We do not use an early activation protocol per say, we do have a stand by policy regarding placing the aircraft on stand by if the responding ambulance or the dispatcher believes we may be needed. What we do have that you may be interested in is a Helicopter usage protocol which states that the ambulance should request the helicopter to launch within the first two minutes of patient contact as well as a few other things that may be of assistance to you. If you would like me to send you a copy of our Guideline, write me off line.
Good Luck,
Fly Safe
Scott S.