• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 julesvern

julesvern

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 09:57 PM

We are looking for whether or not you fly single or dual pilots for your turboprop ?
Did you change from Dual to single pilot and if so how did you transition your staff?

#2 Thinking

Thinking

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 10:17 PM

Dual pilots, all the time, both FW and RW

#3 JustOne

JustOne

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 12:47 AM

We are looking for whether or not you fly single or dual pilots for your turboprop ?
Did you change from Dual to single pilot and if so how did you transition your staff?

Twin turboprop: Dual pilots
"...I don't believe in one-person productions. Everyone on the team is important and needs to know that he or she is vital." -Dr. Ben Carson

#4 Macgyver

Macgyver

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 868 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 03:27 AM

For Canada:

Twin Turboprop, dual pilots for all dedicated medical FW aircraft in Alberta, Yukon, British Columbia, Northwest Territories, Nunavut, Newfoundland, Nova Scotia, Quebec and as far as I know Ontario, Manitoba and New Brunswick. Only Saskatchewan Government still flies SPIFR on twin Turboprops.

Pretty much everyone in Canada flies dual pilot/dual turbine for ALL dedicated medical carriers (FW and RW)
Ken BHSc, RN, REMT-P

#5 Thinking

Thinking

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 04:32 AM

For Canada:

Twin Turboprop, dual pilots for all dedicated medical FW aircraft in Alberta, Yukon, British Columbia, Northwest Territories, Nunavut, Newfoundland, Nova Scotia, Quebec and as far as I know Ontario, Manitoba and New Brunswick. Only Saskatchewan Government still flies SPIFR on twin Turboprops.

Pretty much everyone in Canada flies dual pilot/dual turbine for ALL dedicated medical carriers (FW and RW)

We have a whack of PC-12s flying in Ontario, in the good old days it was all twins, but now most of the SOA fleet is Pilatus, as well as most (and soon to be all) of the Ornge owned fleet (the number I heard is we bought somewhere around 10 of them, but that number changes depending on who is moving their lips).