15 replies to this topic

#1 Scott S.

Scott S.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 03:03 AM

I am looking for information on the Agusta 109 Grand. Does any one know of any EMS/medical programs around the world that are flying this aircraft?? I know REGA in Switzerland has several of theses aircraft but I am having a difficult time finding any other HEMS programs flying the 109 Grand.
Thanks for any help
Scott S.

#2 nelsonbk

nelsonbk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 01:24 AM

What kind of information are you looking for Airlift Northwest was supposed to be the launch customer for the grands as an air ambulance here in the U.S. I think we have a bunch of information we gathered when we were going to get them. I would be happy to share anything I know. They had more space in the interior than the powers or the old Mark II's. configuration, we looked at Life Port interiors, they are fast and were cheaper to operate than the 145's. Let me know what else you would like to know. I can pull some files.

#3 ironjohn929

ironjohn929

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 05:30 PM

TriState CareFlight's Las Vegas and Santa Fe bases use the 109.

#4 Jnstitz

Jnstitz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 08:53 PM

I believe REACH in California has a few 109's as well?
Jon Stitzinger NREMTP, CCEMTP, FW Pilot
Childrens National Medical Center - Washington DC
Pediatric/Neonatal Transport Team

#5 Macgyver

Macgyver

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 868 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 02:49 AM

I believe REACH in California has a few 109's as well?

I believe they has a 109 in Corvalis OR as well - not sure if it's the Grand however...
Ken BHSc, RN, REMT-P

#6 Medic09

Medic09

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 03:07 AM

I'm no expert on rotorwings, but I'm thinking the aircraft in Santa Fe is a Power, not a Grand.

Mordechai Y. Scher
NRP, FP-C, RN

It's all about kind, competent patient care; and getting home safely to tell about it.

#7 Scott S.

Scott S.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 07:49 AM

Thank you for the replies and information. I will check with Las vegas and Sante Fe. REACH in CA flies 109 powers not the GRAND. NelsonBK, I would love any information that you have regarding what you found when you were considering the aircraft. I have alot of spec and stats information already. I will write you off line so we can talk.
Scott S.

#8 josh.dickson

josh.dickson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 02:32 AM

I am looking for information on the Agusta 109 Grand. Does any one know of any EMS/medical programs around the world that are flying this aircraft?? I know REGA in Switzerland has several of theses aircraft but I am having a difficult time finding any other HEMS programs flying the 109 Grand.
Thanks for any help
Scott S.

No one is currently flying the 109S model in the USA for EMS. Reach, LifeFlight of Maine, ect fly 109's. I do howver have a lot of information on the 109 if you like.
"Anesthesia: the fine line between agony and apnea."

-Josh Dickson FP-C, CCEMT-P

#9 Macgyver

Macgyver

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 868 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 04:22 AM

Thanks for any help
Scott S.

Isn't REGA flying the Davinci? (AW-109SP)

This link, if accurate, suggests nobody outside Europe flies the Grand yet..

Grand/Davinci
Ken BHSc, RN, REMT-P

#10 MURDIC

MURDIC

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 06:12 AM

Thanks for any help
Scott S.

Intermountain LifeFlight in Utah has a 109 Grand New. Allegedly the first one in the States.
I know CALSTAR, REACH, and LifeFlight of Pocatello ID fly 109s. Dunno if they're powers or what.

#11 Macgyver

Macgyver

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 868 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 06:33 AM

I know CALSTAR, REACH, and LifeFlight of Pocatello ID fly 109s. Dunno if they're powers or what.

Nope for all 3
Ken BHSc, RN, REMT-P

#12 Jwade

Jwade

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1405 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 09:03 PM

Intermountain LifeFlight in Utah has a 109 Grand New. Allegedly the first one in the States.

IHC Lifeflight in SLC, UT have the first 109 GRAND.....They are currently flying their first of 3 in St. George. I have two friends who fly for them, 1 pilot and 1 Flight Paramedic, and they have nothing but awesome things to say about the aircraft.......

JW
John Wade MBA, CCEMT-P, FP-C, RN

"Have the courage to follow your heart and intuition, they somehow already know what you truly want to become" Steve Jobs

#13 DSTRING

DSTRING

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 05:31 AM

I work part-time in SLC and have some buddies that work for Life Flight and they do have an order of 3 with one arrived. They are not flying any in the SLC valley yet. Still just the K2's.

#14 onearmwonder

onearmwonder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 571 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 01:40 AM

So what's your question? Yes REACH does fly the Power 109, but not the Power 109 K2 or Grand New. Intermountain flies the Bell 407, AW Power 109 and Power K2(the most powerful high altitude beast of all light duty helicopters in the world. Which is why REGA uses them.) and now the Grand. Not sure if they were the first. REGA is now slowly phasing out their K2s for the Grand News. Not sure why REGA is is switching to the Grand New. Maybe due to the fact the AW does not make the K2 version any more. The Grand New can't touch the performance of the K2 above 10,000MSL, but I her the new technology is amazing. I will say this about REGA and Europe, they are so far beyond the USA in regards the Aircraft safety and technology it's embarrassing. Let's just say that my company has to demodify the K2 we are buying just to fly in the USA.

Matt

#15 Splat

Splat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 06:27 PM

SkyLife in Fresno, Ca. has at least one A-109 which they claim is one of only four of its type in the U.S. I was told it was the same type REGA uses. Maybe a GRAND.

Brad
Brad Brandon, MICP
Chief Flight Paramedic - RS
Kern Co. Sheriff's Office

#16 USDalum97

USDalum97

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 07:07 PM

SkyLife in Fresno, Ca. has at least one A-109 which they claim is one of only four of its type in the U.S. I was told it was the same type REGA uses. Maybe a GRAND.

Brad

It was a K2 and it isn't in use for EMS any more. They now fly 2 407's.

Here is the FAA N-Number lookup info:
N-Number___Serial Number___Manufacturer/Make_________Name
912VR______10028___________AGUSTA S.P.A. A109K2______ROGERS HELICOPTERS INC