• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 nelsonbk

nelsonbk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 05:36 PM

Hi, I am looking for how everyone has figured out how to function in the EC 135, air methods interior with isolettes?
We have our isolette mounted on a litter - but where do you sit in the aircraft, how much help do you get from the second person - can they reach the baby if they need to assist with the care, where do you stow your equipment (that is not mounted on the isolette) Did you have to change your isolette configuration. Do you use iNO DS for your nitric delivery and where did you mount that?
Thanks for the info. If you want to email me off line that is great also.

Brenda

#2 Mike Mims

Mike Mims

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 1668 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 01:47 AM

Don't know about Air Methods configuration, but there isn't much more you can do with the interior with respects to an isolette.

I feel your pain with the space issue, we have two AC, an 135 and a 230, with identical isolette's for both AC. We perform ~ 300 neonates per year, mostly in the 230, but we do use the isolette in the 135 every now-and-then. There are a lot of programs that fly 135 with isolette regularly; Children's Hospital OH, Duke LifeFlight NC are a few I can think of.

It's going to be an isolette RE-configuration OR a new isolette.

Do you use iNO DS for your nitric delivery and where did you mount that?
We have a two Voyager LW Model 20H/20L and perform Nitric transports. We perform pretty much all the neonates with the 230 so room isn't a problem, however, we have a mounting rod which can be attached to either the front or back lifting handles. The delivery system/screen has a screw-to-tighten system (like the IV pumps you'd see on a pole) that is connected to the mounting rod.

how much help do you get from the second person - can they reach the baby if they need to assist with the care,
Not much, unless you have a Sikorsky and access doors on both sides
where do you stow your equipment
secure it in the seat not being used

Mike Mims

Aircare

University of Mississippi Medical Center

#3 nelsonbk

nelsonbk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 02:51 AM

Mike,
Thanks for confirming what we have been experiencing. I am working on a presentation for our board and was asked to check with other programs. We have an option of an Agusta Power, not a bigger space, but a better used space inside. It looks like we are going to start using that aircraft as first out for all of our isolettes.