3 replies to this topic

#1 admin

admin

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 04:08 PM

Here's a topic to get things started for Comm Specs.

How have the Operational Control rules affected your jobs as Comm Specs? How does your program work? And finally, do you think it's been helpful for increasing safety in the industry or a hassle?
Rollie Parrish
FlightWeb Webmaster

#2 nws2002

nws2002

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 02:02 AM

Hasn't really changed my job much. We request flights from the pilots (who represent our vendor), and we have to make sure the dir of ops or chief pilot are notified for any flight outside our normal operations area. The big point is that we are a central contact point, not a dispatch center.

#3 ACS2004

ACS2004

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 10:47 AM

We log in to our vendors program, add the base, pilot, aircraft, flight plan and route. It automatically assigns a number which is then passed on to the pilots. I don't think it impacts safety at all - good or bad.

Who they are and what qualifications the personnel monitoring this website have is the million $ question. I do know that it is NOT a pilot.

#4 HarleyPap57

HarleyPap57

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 August 2007 - 01:01 PM

Having Ground, Rotor and Fixed Wing the addition of Op Control has not increased the work load too much. We have outside Part 135 vendor for Rotor and Fixed, both have different methods of inputing information. Rotor seems the most time involved since we log into the vendors web site and enter aircraft, times, our trip #, pilot and coord. It's not bad just the same things we add into our system. Fixed wing is a little easier. I think it helps to make a safer system but as always, it's the pilots final call if the flights go or not.