• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 DavidK.

DavidK.

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 03:42 PM

After spending two months trying to get Zoll ePCR to be a critical care documentation product, I ran into the guys from Image Trend at the AMTC in San Jose last week. They have what looks like could become a much better product. Has anyone else taken a look at it? Is anyone currently using it? Contact me off list if desired.
David Kearns, MS, RN
Flight For Life Colorado
St. Anthony Hospital
Denver, Colorado

#2 nws2002

nws2002

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 06:02 PM

Many states provide Image Trend for free as there NEMSIS solution. Might be worth looking into.

#3 hm3awsw

hm3awsw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 08:36 PM

Mississippi uses Image Trend online software/program as the statewide reporting system. So far, decent. The biggest hurdle is learning a new system. As with any system; "GIGO".

#4 clearblueskies

clearblueskies

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 06:23 PM

We don't use it but I have heard from some that have and most say that they don't really care for it. Not very user friendly from what I have heard. We use EMS Charts and I must say BY FAR this is the BEST electronic documentation product that I have ever used. You might want to check them out. It is really really easy to use and is almost infinately adaptable to your services requirements and they are 100% Nemsis Gold Compliant. Just my 2 cents.
Fly Safe!

#5 Warren E. Shaulis

Warren E. Shaulis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 11:08 PM

I have to disagree with clearblueskies, I have used both programs and find the image trend product to be superior. The possible exception is that ems charts does offer more critical care documentation fields (labs,etc.) than does image trend, however image trend is a far more refined product and allows for signifcantly better data mining. ems charts appears sophmoric in it's functions, it can't even print a chart with correct spacing. I haven't used image trend for about a year now, I know they were discussing the creation of a critical care transport mode that would address my previous concerns, not sure if that has happened yet. just my two cents

Warren
Warren E. Shaulis, BSN, NREMT-P, RN

#6 Scott S.

Scott S.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 03:39 AM

David,
Our ground EMS units use Image Trend and the air medical program uses EMS charts. If you would like a contact person in our training dept. to talk with to get a comparision of the two program you can email me offline.
Take care
Scott S.

#7 csanborn

csanborn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 08:28 PM

I have been working with ImageTrend to develop a Critical Care Charting system and I think they are well on their way. Obviously I'm bias. I evaluated Zoll's ePCR system and they were unwilling to develop something that would work for the CCT system, so I feel your pain. If you have any questions feel free to email me.

After spending two months trying to get Zoll ePCR to be a critical care documentation product, I ran into the guys from Image Trend at the AMTC in San Jose last week. They have what looks like could become a much better product. Has anyone else taken a look at it? Is anyone currently using it? Contact me off list if desired.