2 replies to this topic

#1 old school

old school

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1121 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 05:10 PM

I would have posted this in the "technology" forum, but the general discussion section seems to get a lot more traffic, so I put it here....I'll understand if you (the mods) decide to move this thread.

Anyway.....I recently got an HTC Ozone that runs Windows Mobile 6.1. It's my first WinMo device, and overall it works much better than I anticipated. Much quicker and easier to use than the old Blackberry Curve I had a while back.

Problem is, I'm having a hard time finding good clinical apps. I do have epocrates, but there must be more than that out there. I'm mainly looking for a good clinical calculator and maybe a good critical care drug reference, but I'd be interested in anything cool and useful.

Please...before you advise me to ditch the Ozone and get an iPhone.....I did have an iPhone 3G for a while and LOVED IT, but I had to move back to Verizon because AT&T's network is so painfully inferior where I live and work that it made using many of the iPhone's capabilities impractical.

Also, what do you tech guys think of the new Google Android OS? Looks like it has the potential to be just as cool and eventually have just as many apps as the iPhone....

So what clinical goodies do you guys have on your Windows Mobile devices?

Thanks in advance for your replies!
bring it in for the real thing

#2 LearRRT-CCEMTP

LearRRT-CCEMTP

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 02:40 PM

http://www.flightweb...p?showtopic=829

Here are some good ones.
David W. Garrard, BHS, RRT, RCP, CCEMTP, PNCCT, CFC
Vice President and Program Director
AeroMD
Dedicated to the Speed of Life!
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas, United States Virgin Islands
Toll Free: 1-844-AeroMD-1

#3 Michael Collins

Michael Collins

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 06:25 PM

THe list in the post Dave linked to is quite excellent.
I have also used PocketCONSULT from MDConsult and it is OK.
There are quite a few library apps like this and Thompson ClinicalXpert that are free if you already have the service (MDConsult and Micromedex, respectively). If you don't have the subscription, your hospital often will have a site license through which you can get a free login to use at home (or your base).