• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 popbob

popbob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 09:43 PM

i have had my flight physical and i have told my recruiter that i only want to do ccatt. he said he would present my application to the chief flight nurse. that was about 3 weeks ago. how long before i should expect to hear anything? they did call me and tell i needed to have my cholestorol rechecked but that it was nothing that should keep me out. any insight would be appreciated.

#2 SickPuppy

SickPuppy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 10:13 PM

If your recruiter is contacting a chief flight nurse, then he is going the wrong route if you want to do CCATT. The AF has 2 capabilities: Aeromedical Evacuation (AE) and CCATT. A chief flight nurse would be from an AE squadron, and couldn't do anything to get you into CCATT. They are totally seperate from each other. If you're looking at doing CCATT on AD, then you will need to be assigned to the med group in Lackland AFB, Keesler AFB, or a few other squadrons. If you're going Reserve, then you need to find an Aeromedical Staging Squadron and see if they have a CCATT team there. Make sure your recruiter is looking in the right place. E-mail me if you have any questions.
"Education is only the further realization of your own ignorance." Albert Einstein

GO GATORS!!!