• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Scott_J

Scott_J

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 03:32 PM

I am writing from a stand-alone children's hospital. We are looking into offering our pediatricians the availability to use our team to transport non-acute children from their offices to our main hospital. Are there any services providing this type of customer service, pediatrics or otherwise? Thanks!

#2 MedicNurse

MedicNurse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 08:48 PM

Hey there Scott -

not sure I understand why you would want/need to transport NON ACUTE patients from a physicians office to pediatric hospital?

Anyway, as I see it - it would be an expensive trip --- and there should be reason that justifies an expense like this - if these patients do not require care provided by a transport team, I'd think that POV or even a taxi would be a better option.

:huh:

#3 HeloRT

HeloRT

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 09:17 PM

We don't do private offices. Our community has a "Peds After Hours" clinic run by local Pediatricians and our hospital/university. We have done a few non-emergent transports from there when the physician felt the pt had to be admitted to the hospital but didn't trust the parents to do it. Otherwise it's a lot of money for somethings the parents could do by P.O.V.