• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 csanborn

csanborn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 09:37 PM

We are looking at transitioning from a paper charting system to a computer based system at my service. We currently have Zoll Dataís dispatching system which works well. We have been seriously looking at Zollís ePCR software because it would be able to push data between the tablets, in the field, and the comm centerís system. We arenít 100% committed to Zoll yet, though we really like them. They are still a 911 service oriented software system. They have said they will be coming out with a ďCCTĒ module with the next version; Iím not sure what their idea of the CCT programs needs will be. We have some concerns about their charting/flow sheet for vitals and treatments. I didnít know what other services are using, and if people are using Zollís ePCR do you like it and how have you modified it to make it work for CCT?

I have heard some negative things about Golden Hour in the past. Is that still a company to stay away from?
Thanks

#2 Mike Mims

Mike Mims

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 1668 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 10:22 PM

We just went to Golden Hour this year, operational in August.
Having done paper charts my whole career it's takes a little to get used to from a medical crews point-of-view. It has ALOT of drop down boxes and the over-all flow of the chart seems lack-luster.

As for the administration aspect, it has ALOT of useful information/reports/trends and other data.
For example you can archive the transports by determining:
How many came from a certain; It displays information on bar-graphs and line charts.
* Physician
* Time of day. etc.....
You can see how many adults you flew in a certain week, month, quarter.....
What type of flight are being flown (head bleed, cardiac, respiratory etc...)
How many flights were missed because of weather, on another flight and so on............

The people at the Help Desk/Tech Support contact you very quickly when you have a problem (you call an 888# they take your information and problem, support calls you back)

However, this is the ONLY computer program that I've worked on, so I only have this one experience.. So far, so good.

Mike Mims

Aircare

University of Mississippi Medical Center

#3 vtach1010

vtach1010

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 02:02 AM

We also went to Golden Hour this last summer. Previously we had been using the Zoll system. Both have pros and cons to the system just like anything out there. The ability to get usable data out of the system for both CQI and business management were the primary reasons for the switch. We had trouble getting data from the Zoll system and slow follow up response for issues. GH has been very good about that. The amount of retrievable data by people has been great. The GH system seem a little choppy to read because all vitals are one section, meds are another and so on, however they have upgraded to the program so there is a chronological summery that prints at the end of the chart that makes it easier to follow the flow.

#4 Scott S.

Scott S.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 02:21 PM

I have asked this before without a reply. We currently use the EMS charts electronic charting. Has any one ever been to court with an EMS charts chart? How did it go? My concern/ thoughts are, we were always taught through out time that if you didnít chart it, it did not happen. Well the EMS charts charting goes by the documenting by exception rule. So I have been wondering how that worked out when you are sitting in the wooden box in court. As for the EMS charting electronic charting by exception. It has its pros and cons but over all I like it except it takes a while to do the charting because of all the charting fields that have to do with critical care charting. But it defiantly is light years ahead as far as pulling data on calls and Peer QA, etc...
Good Luck
Scott S.

#5 nursemedic

nursemedic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 08:50 PM

I have asked this before without a reply. We currently use the EMS charts electronic charting. Has any one ever been to court with an EMS charts chart? How did it go? My concern/ thoughts are, we were always taught through out time that if you didnít chart it, it did not happen. Well the EMS charts charting goes by the documenting by exception rule. So I have been wondering how that worked out when you are sitting in the wooden box in court. As for the EMS charting electronic charting by exception. It has its pros and cons but over all I like it except it takes a while to do the charting because of all the charting fields that have to do with critical care charting. But it defiantly is light years ahead as far as pulling data on calls and Peer QA, etc...
Good Luck
Scott S.

I am unfamiliar with EMS Charts, however charting by exception sounds unecessary to me in the transport environment. In my view it's not too much to ask one to chart pertinent positives and negatives for the (relatively) short transport times typically encountered. I'll be curious to learn if others chart by exception in CCT.
Greg

#6 Mike Mims

Mike Mims

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 1668 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 10:45 PM

I have asked this before without a reply. We currently use the EMS charts electronic charting. Has any one ever been to court with an EMS charts chart? How did it go? My concern/ thoughts are, we were always taught through out time that if you didn't chart it, it did not happen. Well the EMS charts charting goes by the documenting by exception rule. So I have been wondering how that worked out when you are sitting in the wooden box in court. As for the EMS charting electronic charting by exception. It has its pros and cons but over all I like it except it takes a while to do the charting because of all the charting fields that have to do with critical care charting. But it defiantly is light years ahead as far as pulling data on calls and Peer QA, etc...
Good Luck
Scott S.

I only have experience with Golden Hour and I can say with the charting format and over-all layout, there has been alot of legal thought and influence involved with the program.
With all the drop-down boxes the majority of the documentation is covered, if you can't find it, you can add an embeded note.

Mike Mims

Aircare

University of Mississippi Medical Center

#7 Scott S.

Scott S.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 02:51 PM

Thank you all for your replies and information. I am still looking for "anyone" that uses EMS charts and had to go to court or give a Depo. And how it went.
Scott S.

#8 grock

grock

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 01:05 AM

We are looking at transitioning from a paper charting system to a computer based system at my service. We currently have Zoll Dataís dispatching system which works well. We have been seriously looking at Zollís ePCR software because it would be able to push data between the tablets, in the field, and the comm centerís system. We arenít 100% committed to Zoll yet, though we really like them. They are still a 911 service oriented software system. They have said they will be coming out with a ďCCTĒ module with the next version; Iím not sure what their idea of the CCT programs needs will be. We have some concerns about their charting/flow sheet for vitals and treatments. I didnít know what other services are using, and if people are using Zollís ePCR do you like it and how have you modified it to make it work for CCT?

I have heard some negative things about Golden Hour in the past. Is that still a company to stay away from?
Thanks

We just switched to the Image Trend Field Bridge. It is made for EMS but they are working on a "flight package" It allows us to upload EMS data to the State of Alaska.... not too bad a program. So far so good.

#9 Loydster

Loydster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 03:16 AM

May I add Computerized Charting Concepts. It is a charting and data tool that works very well. I have used for 10 years as well as a couple other programs when I worked PT at other flight jobs. I personally like this one. Take a look and talk with the owner Brian and see if it works for your needs.

http://www.computeri....com/index.html

#10 USDalum97

USDalum97

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 06:06 AM

The only eCharting I have used is Zoll's ePCR. We recently switched from a PDA to the Toughbook for the format. The toughbook is much better. I like the program. I can get a full chart done in 30-45 minutes depending on how many interventions and VS were done. We use the Zoll dispatch system and Zoll CCT monitor as well. It allows the dispatch info to Sync into the ePCR and completes some of the charting for you. Also, with the monitor, you can use a data card to upload the VS, EKG, and all waveforms (it takes up a lot of memory space on your server though).

I have also had to go to 2 depositions with these charts. I like that every intervention and VS has a crewmember's name applied to 'performed by".