• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 zxi1100flightRN

zxi1100flightRN

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 01:48 PM

Is there anyone using Golden Hour charting program? If you do, how long have you used it, do you like it and do you provide rotor and fixed wing?

#2 Mike MacKinnon

Mike MacKinnon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 920 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 02:35 PM

Where i was we used it.

I used it for a year both fixed wing and rotor. I actually didnt mind it at all. On a number of occasions its prompts reminded me of things i wanted to write. We also found the GH was very good about changing things as we wanted.

Is there anyone using Golden Hour charting program? If you do, how long have you used it, do you like it and do you provide rotor and fixed wing?

Mike MacKinnon MSN CRNA
WWW.NURSE-ANESTHESIA.ORG

"What gets us into trouble is not what we don't know
It's what we know for sure that just ain't so" - Mark Twain

#3 zxi1100flightRN

zxi1100flightRN

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 08:25 PM

What program was that with?

Where i was we used it.

I used it for a year both fixed wing and rotor. I actually didnt mind it at all. On a number of occasions its prompts reminded me of things i wanted to write. We also found the GH was very good about changing things as we wanted.

#4 Mike MacKinnon

Mike MacKinnon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 920 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 09:43 PM

Golden Hour
Mike MacKinnon MSN CRNA
WWW.NURSE-ANESTHESIA.ORG

#5 B51

B51

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 02:12 PM

Golden Hour

I think he means what Flight Program.

#6 ST RN/PM

ST RN/PM

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 04:36 PM

Hey! I have used GH and like it a lot. I can only offer a provider's point of view, but hear that from a billing/management standpoint that it is easy to work with. As a provider, I agree with Mike, it reminds you of things that you may have forgotten. It takes a little while to get used to GH, but when you do, it is more used friendly than some others......I use it for ground transport, but our program has air and ground (rotor wing). Steve
Steve T. RN, PM

#7 Redneck Air

Redneck Air

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 05:02 PM

We use GH and I have mixed feelings on the matter.

(RW)

Pros
Check boxes, love 'em
ability to type in if its not in a check box
sections for RSI, Chest Tubes, and other advanced procedures that remind you to document well
section for narritive so you can give a good picture of the situation
ability to pull stats like intubations, IVs, crics (if people document them right)
lots of things on the administrative side can be pulled from the charts

Cons
It is very time consuming
it is very focused on MVCs
basically I've been told if we don't get the insurance, GH won't lift a finger to try and get it
Sometimes it reminds you too much which is just annoying
diagnoses are difficult to navigate
justification is sometimes lacking

That's all I can think of...
Brian Norton, LP NREMTP FP-C

#8 Mike MacKinnon

Mike MacKinnon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 920 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 05:51 PM

hehehe

Air Evac Services in AZ

I think he means what Flight Program.

Mike MacKinnon MSN CRNA
WWW.NURSE-ANESTHESIA.ORG

#9 Jwade

Jwade

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1405 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 10:45 PM

As a crewmember, I think GoldenHour SUCKS!

Way too many cons to list...

As a Manager, It is great for Billing and QA......

There are much better charting software programs out there....

Respectfully,
Jw
John Wade MBA, CCEMT-P, FP-C, RN

"Have the courage to follow your heart and intuition, they somehow already know what you truly want to become" Steve Jobs

#10 SickPuppy

SickPuppy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 25 August 2007 - 01:46 AM

It beats Rescue Net.
"Education is only the further realization of your own ignorance." Albert Einstein

GO GATORS!!!

#11 Medic1960

Medic1960

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 August 2007 - 01:03 AM

Been using it here in Jersey for over a year RW......time consuming, diagnoses leave much to be desired as do the justifications. As you use it it does get easier.....Larry

#12 NC FltMedic

NC FltMedic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 26 August 2007 - 01:33 AM

in agreement with Larry et al.... used GH for a short time, and have hated it compared to others out there... have used EMS Charts with 2 programs back up north, and 2 down south... hands down, very user friendly and can knock out a chart pretty quick!!! Gotta love the words, 'Charting by exception'
Ryan Jordan, NREMTP, FP-C

#13 Loydster

Loydster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 29 August 2007 - 12:42 AM

Have you looked at Airchart 3000? It is a charting & data charting tool that was created by a Flight Nurse. This is the web site to look over. I have used this for many years and find it to be great for charting as well as puling any data that you enter into the program.

http://www.airchart3000.com/about.htm

#14 Gila

Gila

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts

Posted 29 August 2007 - 03:41 AM

I use GH as well. From a provider standpoint, I do not have much good to say. I understand billing, research (data collection), and QA is easier with GH; however, the program is not user friendly. I have access and crew audit problems on an almost daily basis. In addition, it uses a VPN, so it is very slow to load and slow to navigate through at times. The charting format is quite disorganized and lacks features such as spell check. Charting in the vital signs is also quite difficult, as you are limited to the amount of words you can type. The medications often feature incorrect units and values. The lab section is quite limited and you still must attach hard copies of your 12 leads, invasive strips, etc to the printed chart.

To give GH credit, the printed chart looks professional and it is easy to find past charts when you know the GH number. The addendum feature is also nice and fairly easy to access and use.
Christopher Bare
"Non fui, fui, non sum, non curo "

#15 get in the choppa

get in the choppa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 08:46 AM

We use the MEDS program (I think its Multi EMS Documentation System) its pretty good, I prefer it over paper documentation any day (mostly because I can type a lot faster than I can write)

Pros:
Lots of options for data collection (check boxes for stuff like helmet worn, seatbelt worn)
Drop down boxes for procedures, enables you to complete stuff pretty fast
Auto-complete on some assessment fields (when you type a letter, it pulls up every option available and narrows it down with each letter so you don't always have to type the whole word)
Allows input from dispatch so you don't have to complete stuff like name, address, insurance info (unless its unavailable to dispatch)

Cons:
Doesn't have a very extensive HX\medication list
Too focused on MVCs and the reportion options
The detailed physical portion sucks, it has too many options and makes it difficult, would be easier to just type in the findings rather than have to choose
Its a bit buggy and some times thinks that there's portions of the report missing when its there

#16 buffettrn

buffettrn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 04:47 PM

Golden Hour showed a new version last year at AMTC. It seemed much easier to use much more flexable with the lists, but I have yet to see it at our program. Yes the current lists of justification leave a bit to be desired. It also leaves a bit to be desired from a charting prespective when doing Inter hopital's since it is gear to the prehospital arena. I wind up leaving things blank and writing them in.
Personally not horrible but could be better.
Jeff Fein
"We are right, they are wrong, END OF STORY"

#17 B51

B51

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 08 September 2007 - 04:49 AM

It beats Rescue Net.

A resounding AFFIRMATIVE on that.

#18 MFlightRN

MFlightRN

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 03:35 AM

Just made the switch to EMScharts here. It seems to be working great for our program. The learning curve wasn't that steep either!
Lou-