3 replies to this topic

#1 JPatterson

JPatterson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 09:06 PM

I am looking for a way to add a refrigerator to our CCT ground units and was wondering if any other services have gone through this process. It will be used to keep saline for induced hypothermia and certain medications (fosphenytoin, Roc, Succinylcholine, insulin). I have not found a unit small enough that is "medical grade". Any information would be helpful.

Jeff Patterson
Jeff Patterson NREMT-P

#2 Michael Collins

Michael Collins

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 11:49 PM

The Alsius coolers are built specifically for induced hypothermia http://www.alsius.co...oducts/ems.html

I am looking for a way to add a refrigerator to our CCT ground units and was wondering if any other services have gone through this process. It will be used to keep saline for induced hypothermia and certain medications (fosphenytoin, Roc, Succinylcholine, insulin). I have not found a unit small enough that is "medical grade". Any information would be helpful.

Jeff Patterson

#3 JPatterson

JPatterson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 12:41 PM

Thank you for that information. We are going to try to trial one of the units.
Jeff Patterson NREMT-P

#4 Kevin

Kevin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 04:59 AM

Thank you for that information. We are going to try to trial one of the units.

I know this post may be a bit late, but check with Horton Ambulance in Ohio. They built our Critical Care ambulance and they installed our refrigerator. They may have what you are looking for.
Kevin EMT-P, CCEMT-P