7 replies to this topic

#1 medic4cqb

medic4cqb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 07:42 PM

I know there was a post on here before regarding the Bell 429, but I was not able to find any of them...(duh?). I was wondering if anyone knew of any programs that were considering the medical configured version for their transport program when they are put into production?

Steve A., RN, CCRN, EMT-P

"The usefulness of a cup is in its emptiness..."
- Bruce Lee

#2 Mike Mims

Mike Mims

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 1668 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 01:52 AM

Air Methods will be the first vendor in the US with the Bell 429. Certification is expected late this year or in early 2009.
Mercy Hospital, Des Moines Iowa, will be the first program to receive the Bell 429 to replace their Bell 222.

Mike Mims

Aircare

University of Mississippi Medical Center

#3 kyjjp1

kyjjp1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 December 2008 - 07:54 PM

I know there was a post on here before regarding the Bell 429, but I was not able to find any of them...(duh?). I was wondering if anyone knew of any programs that were considering the medical configured version for their transport program when they are put into production?

Our program was looking at the EC 145 and the 429. We really wanted the 429 but Bell couldn't show us one. Since we really couldn't wait that long, we went ahead with the 145

#4 DkotRN

DkotRN

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 05:49 AM

The reason Bell can not show the 429 is, it has not yet flown. The aircraft has been promised for months. It is my understanding, the prototype is yet to fly. So, do not hold your breath. That 222 you currently fly will still need to be in service for some time.

God Bless, and Happy New Year.

David Kot

#5 buffettrn

buffettrn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 06:27 PM

[quote name='DkotRN' date='Jan 1 2009, 01:49 AM' post='15190']
The reason Bell can not show the 429 is, it has not yet flown. The aircraft has been promised for months. It is my understanding, the prototype is yet to fly. So, do not hold your breath. That 222 you currently fly will still need to be in service for some time.

Actually I believe that there have been a number of flights in the aircraft.
Jeff Fein
"We are right, they are wrong, END OF STORY"

#6 BackcountryMedic

BackcountryMedic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 07:10 PM

It has flown several times. They are a little behind getting FAA certification.

I saw it a AMTC in Mpls. It looks awesome. Hardly bigger then the 407 on the outside, but very roomy on the inside. Lots of great features. It should be a great aircraft.
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - Patton

#7 medic4cqb

medic4cqb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 06:42 PM

I've seen video of the 429 in flight, but I'm not certain if they were running test flights on the bird or what. I believe it was on the Bell website. The bird looks nice and appears to have a roomy interior for medical conversion, but I wasn't at AMTC and was not able to get a up-close and personal view.

Steve A., RN, CCRN, EMT-P

"The usefulness of a cup is in its emptiness..."
- Bruce Lee

#8 buffettrn

buffettrn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 06:51 PM

'BackcountryMedic' is correct I have been looking at the mock ups at Phoenix and Tampa AMTC. This past year the actual aircraft lloked great. Interior very roomy, I wish I could talk our program manager into getting one.
Jeff Fein
"We are right, they are wrong, END OF STORY"