10 replies to this topic

#1 Rob

Rob

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 17 August 2007 - 02:04 AM

I am looking for any Air Methods program that is using a stretcher mounted isolette in an EC-135. Can you e-mail me offline?

Thanks

Rob

#2 kidsrrtnps

kidsrrtnps

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 04:34 AM

Any luck with this? I think it is impossible to have a stretcher mounted isolette in the 135. My question is are there any ways to secure the 135 isolette onto a cot once it is out other than using straps? Couldn't a stretcher be made to specifically secure the ISO after out of the aircraft? I have an idea if this is possible...how could you secure this without straps?

#3 Macgyver

Macgyver

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 868 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 08:27 AM

I am looking for any Air Methods program that is using a stretcher mounted isolette in an EC-135. Can you e-mail me offline?

Thanks

Rob

MedStar in Spokanne, uses a Roll-in/Fold-Up (ROFU) stretcher from Ferno I believe.

I don't think it is possible to have a Isolette mounted on a typical stretcher - the tunnel is just to low. Even the new Airborne uses a cut down isolette lid.
Ken BHSc, RN, REMT-P

#4 Rob

Rob

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 08:06 PM

Any luck with this? I think it is impossible to have a stretcher mounted isolette in the 135. My question is are there any ways to secure the 135 isolette onto a cot once it is out other than using straps? Couldn't a stretcher be made to specifically secure the ISO after out of the aircraft? I have an idea if this is possible...how could you secure this without straps?

Styker has a Power Pro IT cot for ambulance use that can secure the standard tranpsort isolette. I have not seen it in person but I think it uses the same four corner latching mechanism.

The Aviator Isolette is now in production and it should fit on an Air Methods ROFU in an Air Methods EC-135. I am just not sure how it will be secured (straps versus latches). There is one program in Washington State that has a prototype Aviator on a ferno stretcher in a Metro interior.

#5 x-dhart11

x-dhart11

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 01:48 PM

Styker has a Power Pro IT cot for ambulance use that can secure the standard tranpsort isolette. I have not seen it in person but I think it uses the same four corner latching mechanism.

The Aviator Isolette is now in production and it should fit on an Air Methods ROFU in an Air Methods EC-135. I am just not sure how it will be secured (straps versus latches). There is one program in Washington State that has a prototype Aviator on a ferno stretcher in a Metro interior.

Try getting ahold of anyone from DHART in Lebanon, NH.

I used to work there, and we had a sled that held the isolette. It was its own stretcher at one point, but the legs were way too rickety, so now its a sled that does need a stretcher at both ends to move it.

Hope that helps.

I looked through my photos, but never grabbed one of the isolette. (Mostly because the NICU team used to boot me off and steal my helicopter for themselves!!! :D )
Rob Atwater
FF/Paramedic, Town of Derry, NH
ex-DHART Flight Medic, ex FP-C

#6 kidsrrtnps

kidsrrtnps

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 07:18 PM

If anyone has pictures/info about the roll in-fold up cot, please let me know!! Thanks!

#7 Richard

Richard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 05:14 PM

Sent to you, (from NWMedstar, Spokane, courtesy Jerry). It is a prototype Aviator

If anyone has pictures/info about the roll in-fold up cot, please let me know!! Thanks!

Richard P. Mitchell, RRT-NPS
Pediatric Respiratory Therapist
Vidant Medical Center, Greenville, NC and
HHS/OS/ASPR/OPEO/NDMS/DMAT-NC1 & MAC-ST

#8 flywme95

flywme95

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 08:04 PM

Thanks

Rob

When using the EC 135 we have a sled that has wheels on the bottom that our isolette latches to, and than we use a coffin carrier which folds up and secures into the aircraft

#9 sam1

sam1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 02:27 AM

We currently have an EC 135 and are using the aviator isolette on a ferno mount. Check with International Biomedical in Austin TX. They can set the whole thing up for you.

#10 Jnstitz

Jnstitz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 06:01 PM

Our primary aircraft is a EC-145 but if that's out we have a 135 back up, so the isollete has to be on a sled...from what I understand, it would not fit if it was stretcher mounted, I'm sure though someone will come up with a low enough profile sled/stretcher combination eventually...
Jon Stitzinger NREMTP, CCEMTP, FW Pilot
Childrens National Medical Center - Washington DC
Pediatric/Neonatal Transport Team

#11 Jnstitz

Jnstitz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 06:12 PM

Here's a pic of our unit... And one of our regular stretcher mounted units for ground and fixed wing...it's pretty obvious these are just way to high for a 135...

Posted Image

Posted Image
Jon Stitzinger NREMTP, CCEMTP, FW Pilot
Childrens National Medical Center - Washington DC
Pediatric/Neonatal Transport Team