8 replies to this topic

#1 ironjohn929

ironjohn929

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 12:03 AM

How many of you out there go through CRM training in your programs?

#2 flightnursesarah

flightnursesarah

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 05:04 AM

I'm am having the biggest case of brain flatulence and am too tired and lazy to look it up right now. What might CRM stand for? (I haven't slept in a few days--studying for tests, flight shifts, vacations, reunions, children are such a #@&* and a blessing!).
Sarah RN BSN CFRN
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
Albert Einstein

#3 flightnursesarah

flightnursesarah

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 05:08 AM

Oooh, oooh, pick me! I know the answer!

We are doing training for CRM next month for the first time.

Sorry about the last post. I'm more awake now. . . . well, maybe not.
:huh: :ph34r: :mellow:
Sarah RN BSN CFRN
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
Albert Einstein

#4 clearblueskies

clearblueskies

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 05:03 AM

we go through it once every two years. If you have never had it before it is GREAT training.

#5 Rob

Rob

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 25 August 2007 - 01:07 AM

CAMTS requires at least an annual review. We try to do the big class every other year. Of course now known as AMRM (Air Medical Resource Management).

#6 MFlightRN

MFlightRN

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 03:14 PM

As stated in a previous post, CAMTS requires annual training; initial for new hires and recurrent training for the rest. CRM, now AMRM, should be an integral component to everyone's program. They are even utilizing CRM in ground agencies. The training can be daunting, and sometimes not the most stimulating, but it fosters a good working relationship between all crew members. AMRM training has the potential to stave off some of the senseless and preventable accidents that we are seeing in the HEMS industry.

Fly Safe!

Lou
Lou-

#7 kwpetersSAFETY

kwpetersSAFETY

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 04:23 PM

We use the concept of CRM as a culture so to speak. We try to make it as close to second nature as possible. We also practice and make annual written commitments to AMRM. We specifically present and train with it 4 times a year during our scheduled survival training that is attended by our Communications, CCT and Air staff and administration. By chance did you attend this years AMTC conference? Our Director of Air and CCT presented on this subject specifically

#8 ksflytmedic

ksflytmedic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 01:38 AM

My company has asked me to look into updating out CRM or AMRM information, Does anyone out there have information or presentation that they would be willing to share? I'm just getting started with it so anything will help.

Thanks,
J. Luck
J. Luck NREMTP, CCEMTP

#9 admin

admin

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 03:44 AM

Here's a link to a free AMRM training program:

A Safe Ride to a Soft Bed