• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 J Mimms

J Mimms

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 05:30 PM

Our program is reevaluating our policy and procedure manual, included is our hot loading procedure. We operate out of BK117's, if you have are willing to share your policy on hot loads so I can compare with other programs it would be appreciated.

Thanks,
J. Mimms

#2 kyjjp1

kyjjp1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 December 2008 - 07:57 PM

What does your procedure say now? What are you wanting to change?

#3 rghbsn

rghbsn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 07:01 AM

Not sure what policy ideas you're looking for. We operate out of both bk-117's and ec-135's, our hot loading procedures are the same for both. I'm interested in what you have now as well.
R. Hector, BSN, RN, CCRN

#4 fltrn1212

fltrn1212

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 08:17 AM

Our program is reevaluating our policy and procedure manual, included is our hot loading procedure. We operate out of BK117's, if you have are willing to share your policy on hot loads so I can compare with other programs it would be appreciated.

Thanks,
J. Mimms

#5 fltrn1212

fltrn1212

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 08:22 AM

Regardless of platform stay hit on scene unless it's unsafe.

Update the PIC of ETE and let them make the decision to stay hot or shut down.

The new aircraft can shut down immediately. And with the FADEC systems, they can start rather quickly.

And yes, to the naysayers, if it doesn't start then what? To that I say look at the past 6 months of data at your program and ascertain how many times the aircraft didn't start when you got a call.

Stay safe-

#6 McMedic828

McMedic828

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 08:49 PM

We stay hot on scene calls. If for some reason there is going to be a delay due to extrication or for whatever reason we give the pilot a hand signal to go ahead and shut down.