• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 xjaygeex

xjaygeex

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 07:22 PM

First a little background....I work ground CCT that is operated by a private transport company. This program is also supported by a university hospital system. I am looking to implement a more comprehensive training program. We operate with RN/EMT-P/EMT. Current RN requirements are 24 hours of clinical time in each of the following areas per year. (ED, ICU, L&D, NICU) Also one day per quarter in the OR for Tubes. Also yearly LVAD, IABP training is required. EMT's & P's are not required to have clinical shifts. EMT-P are required 4 OR days for tubes. EMT's & P's also attend LVAD, IABP training. A yearly skills check off day is also required. If you could let me know how this compares with your CE requirements.

#2 MFlightRN

MFlightRN

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 03:32 AM

Sounds like your training is pretty concise and well thought out. It almost resembles CAMTS educational requirements. CAMTS-accreditited or not, you could follow their initial & recurrent educational requirements. As a CAMTS-accreditited program we follow their standards. Initial & yearly clinical requirements: ICU, ED, PICU, NICU, OB, & EMS. Tracheal tubes via the OR, field, or Human Patient Simulator (HPS). Tubes must be done quarterly, along with all invasive procedures. Invasive procedures can also be practiced with the HPS, providing it can provide real-time feedback. In addition to all of the above, we conduct monthly didactic/practical sessioins.

What is your initial training and orientation involve. It's really important to have a well-established orientation process in place for providers. Topics that should be covered in the initial phase of training is also outlined in the CAMTS standards.

Let me know if you need anything else! I'm one of the training & education coordinators at my program so I have tons of information. You can email me at lvarre@mercyflightcentral.org.
Lou-