From: flightmed-admin@flightweb.com [mailto:flightmed-admin@flightweb.com]On Behalf Of Uncferret@aol.com
Sent: Thursday, July 17, 2003 9:04 PM
To: flightmed@flightweb.com
Subject: Re: SINGLE EMT-P TRANSPORTS

Having had the privilege of flying with the MSP out of Beebe Hospital in Lewes, DE, I can say that they do an excellent job when it comes to patient transport.  It has been a few, okay, many years since I worked with them....but the gist of this post is that they are highly trained Trooper-Medics who are very gifted.  When they do patient transports, the Trooper-Medic shifts to Medic and he is usually one extremely talented and competent Medic.

As far as interfacility transports go...the nurse that accompanies them need not be from Hopkins.  We all attended LZ and Helicopter Safety classes before we could accompany the MSP on transports.

Anyone think about Denver Flight for Life?  They also fly a single crew member on occasion.

The point is...a single crew member can accomplish quite a few interventions if they are talented and keep a cool head.  We've all been in that situation (as much as we don't like it) and we and our patients have survived.

Rock on MSP....I respect all of you!

Tracey Stover-Wall
Flight Nurse, Medic, etc.
Columbia, MO

© 2000 -- Website created by Rollie Parrish | Credits | Last modified: 07/22/03