Flightmed archive for July-2003

RE: scene flight blood & pericardiocentesis

We do not carry blood products outbound.  We do gratefully accept blood to transfuse from sending facilities on the way back with the pt.  :)

We do pericardiocentisis as a standard rule out on the traumatic arrest/PEA.  We see it used semi-frequently.  Can't think of a recent save.

Tom Walsh
FP-C NREMT-P
Albany Medflight / LifeNet New York