Flightmed archive for July-2003

Re: American Paramedic Association

Derek,

Are you making any headway?  Can we do anything to combine your issues with the current NFPA offerings.  Perhaps if you want to raise one issue and pull it together in the form of a "letter to the editor" we could run it in the July FP NEWS.

Let me know

JC

John R. Clark, JD, NREMT-P, FP-C
National Flight Paramedics Association
clarkjrc@alumni.gwu.edu

>>> UFGatorD@aol.com 06/03/03 11:08AM >>>

   Well, we challenged each other to start the process of forming an organization to begin standardizing the paramedic profession. I am starting to form the American Paramedic Association or APA. I did a search and found that no other group had that name. If anybody knows otherwise, please let me know. I firmly believe that some of the most intelligent medics and nurses monitor these emails. I will not be able to do any of this, at least not the way it needs to be done, without you. I need to establish a mission, goals, membership, and website. I have already earmarked several domain names, but I am trying to get APA.com. I will need help with website design. I would like to have the APA open to EMT's, Paramedics, Flightmedics, Flight RN's, and transport RN's (basically any RN with a paramedic cert.). Is there anybody that I am forgetting? I am open to any and all ideas. I think this starts with us and we should all have a hand in it. I will start doing the main leg work with this, but we will have the final say as a group. I think that is the only way to objectively set the mission and goals. The gauntlet have been thrown. I am very excited to see what we can do with this. I look forward to hearing everybody's ideas.

Derek Hunt CCEMT-P, PNCCT
UFGatorD@aol.com

© 2000 -- Website created by Rollie Parrish | Credits | Last modified: 07/22/03