Flightmed archive for July-2003

Prisoner Transports

I'm not sure if this topic has been covered but, " what are your policies on transporting prisoners in an helicopter with limited seating?" We have three seats in our EC135, one for the pilot and two for the flightcrew.
The issues we are facing are:
Does a corrections officer have to fly with the patient?
If not, What security measures are in place at the receiving hospital?
If there isn't room for an officer to ride along should you leave a crewmember behind?
Thanks in advance for your help.
Randy

© 2000 -- Website created by Rollie Parrish | Credits | Last modified: 07/22/03