Flightmed archive for August-2002

Re: Defibrillation on board

Ok about the practice, but is this allowed by the FAA?
Do you neeed a certification for each defib on each helo?
Ciao, Luca

>  Luca,
> We use the Zoll monitor with multifunctional (hands-off)
defib capability. We let the pilot know we will be defibrillating. We ha
ve had no problems with this. We fly Bell 407's. We used to have a BK-
117, and we did the same thing then, too.